POLL: Do you think Brexit is a success or failure?

Scott

Do you think Brexit is a success or a failure?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The time it takes to determine a decision was a mistake is not related to anything other than the outcome of the decision.

On another bright side, Brexit supporters are ‘fading away’ faster than are Remain supporters.

You should give up all hope of 50 years.

It sounds like that you are assuming that all the youngsters  are all for rejoining - I know that that is not the case. Whatever, as it is evidently so much easier to get in than get out, let's call it 500 years and then review.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

My posts have been clear all along. 

It is possible to talk about negative impacts thus far, although Covid and Ukraine war must be factored in, but impossible to say Brexit is a failure as it is ongoing.

Others who support brexit, including the instigator of this poll, do not all think so...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope, we can comment on the negative impact brexit is having on the uk economy whenever it is relevant to a thread.

But it's not relevant to this thread. The descriptor used was overall, not economic.

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

It would appear that both the Independent and Savanta have chosen not to publish any details of the poll like when was it conducted, what questions were asked how many people took part was the elephant in the room mentioned Joining the euro.

What we have seen with Scottish Independence: Polls is support for Independence is greatly reduced when the question about which currency is asked 

Let me know when the trend in polls reverses from its current direction.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

It would appear that both the Independent and Savanta have chosen not to publish any details of the poll like when was it conducted, what questions were asked how many people took part was the elephant in the room mentioned Joining the euro.

What we have seen with Scottish Independence: Polls is support for Independence is greatly reduced when the question about which currency is asked 

If you take a closer look, the question asked was whether there should be another referendum in the future or not and two thirds thought that there should be .

The question asked wasn't about whether the UK should leave/join the E.U , it just asked whether they should be another referendum in the future or not  .

If you feel that there should be another referendum in 100 years time, then you would have voted "Yes, there should be another referendum in the future .

Remainers are up to their tricks again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The mind boggles.

Oh I get it, let’s ignore one of the most, if not the most, important outcomes of Brexit.

What has happened, as ever with the remainers, is that you are ignoring everything else but the economic element.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Let me know when the trend in polls reverses from its current direction.

All you have at the moment is a newspaper headline , there is no evidence that a poll has been taken as no details have been published

Can you imagine the uproar if the Government said the results of the 2016 United Kingdom European Union membership referendum are leave has the majority vote and we are not publishing any further details on leave numbers remain numbers locations on the grounds of national security

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

All you have at the moment is a newspaper headline , there is no evidence that a poll has been taken as no details have been published

Can you imagine the uproar if the Government said the results of the 2016 United Kingdom European Union membership referendum are leave has the majority vote and we are not publishing any further details on leave numbers remain numbers locations on the grounds of national security

No worries, other polls are available:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2022/11/17/one-five-who-voted-brexit-now-think-it-was-wrong-d

• Like 2

The poll results where some people are claiming that 2/3rds want to leave the E.U , but the actual question asked was whether there should be another referendum or not and the results to that question were :

So just 22 % want another referendum now , rather than two thirds waning to leave 

Should there be another referendum ?

"The most popular options were now, at 22 per cent, and within the next 5 years, 24 per cent, followed by within 6-10 years, 11 per cent. Just 4 per cent thought another vote should be in more than 20 years, while those who said there should never be a second referendum have fallen from 32 to 24 per cent."

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

What has happened, as ever with the remainers, is that you are ignoring everything else but the economic element.

I’ll remind you, it was you who wanted to ignore the economic element (an aspect of BREXIT consequences that impacts everyone).

But I welcome any evidence of tangible BREXIT benefits, perhaps ’Control of our borders’, then again, perhaps not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The poll results where some people are claiming that 2/3rds want to leave the E.U , but the actual question asked was whether there should be another referendum or not and the results to that question were :

So just 22 % want another referendum now , rather than two thirds waning to leave 

Should there be another referendum ?

"The most popular options were now, at 22 per cent, and within the next 5 years, 24 per cent, followed by within 6-10 years, 11 per cent. Just 4 per cent thought another vote should be in more than 20 years, while those who said there should never be a second referendum have fallen from 32 to 24 per cent."

Why do you think people want another referendum?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And none of them asked the dodge the bullet question will you accept the Euro as your national currency

My understand is that the Libdems were in favour of further EU Integration and were in favour of adopting the Euro as the national currency

They were the only national party that stated in 2019 they would cancel Brexit if elected they fielded 611 candidates of which only 11 were elected

54 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If you take a closer look, the question asked was whether there should be another referendum in the future or not and two thirds thought that there should be .

The question asked wasn't about whether the UK should leave/join the E.U , it just asked whether they should be another referendum in the future or not  .

If you feel that there should be another referendum in 100 years time, then you would have voted "Yes, there should be another referendum in the future .

Remainers are up to their tricks again 

I never thought that I would ever say this but I regret the fact that Johnson is no longer PM.

Given that 2/3rds of the electorate think another referendum is a good idea, Johnson's need for public approval would mean that it would be held in double quick time!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

And none of them asked the dodge the bullet question will you accept the Euro as your national currency

My understand is that the Libdems were in favour of further EU Integration and were in favour of adopting the Euro as the national currency

They were the only national party that stated in 2019 they would cancel Brexit if elected they fielded 611 candidates of which only 11 were elected

That was then, this is now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Each and every time I read about the UK economy it's usually straight up malaise with no mention of Brexit. The Brexit moaners will be whinging forever. I think facts on the ground a huge number of domestic missteps made coupled with a deteriorating world economy. I view anything in the EU is absolutely feckless and slomo death spiral. At least with Brexit minor dominion over UK citizens has returned. Who cares about a weak European market when some corrupt imbecile is running your life and tax regiment

UK, highest taxes in decades and rampant Government corruption.

• Like 1