Urgent - overstay question

Just got this question from a friend, US citizen, tourist still in his 45 day exempt period, in Pattaya now:

"How bad is it if I apply for the extension a day or two after my entry period expires? Mine expires on the 2nd, but it sounds like the 3rd is the earliest I can apply."

21 minutes ago, leosmith said:

Is it still possible to pay at immigration when exiting the country (he only needs a few days), or would that make returning in the future difficult?

How risk averse/lucky is he normally?

Yes, he can pay on the way out without much, if any, repercussions. That said, if caught beforehand, and given the recent crackdown which is hopefully over with, not necessarily as remote a possibility as it used to be, he'd be up for a 5 year ban.

• Like 1

Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that he got the extension before the deadline. The TM30 that he planned to use, for the place he stayed over a month, only went to the 2nd, which caused the panic. But the passport was stamped for the 4th, so I guess they were able to use the most recent TM30 and get it done in time (he did it through a service, so not sure exactly what they did regarding TM30s). Thanks for your help!

• Haha 1

Greetings.

I'm adding to the URGENT OVERSTAY thread hoping someone has some sound advice.  I used an agent, I know them as my landlord/condo rental agency also in a very large condo complex.  My passport went into immigration on Dec. 9th.  Today, I still do not have my, as requested Non Imm O visa or my passport back.  My permission to stay ends on Saturday.  My agent only say's "Don't worry, you will not overstay".  Well, today is Thursday, I have permission on last 30 day thru Saturday.  Should I go to Jomtien immigration and ask what's up?  Can't really handle the "Don't worry" thing.  It's stressing me.  Will I be on overstay on Sunday if Immigration still has my passport?  Don't know what to do.  They had a police checkpoint out front here on Tuesday afternoon.