Thai Airways LHR check-in

London Lowf

Can anyone that has flown LHR-BKK recently tell me if the self check-in stations in terminal 2 are operating - they were not on my last trip in October.

I fly out in a couple of weeks I only have carry-on and am hoping to avoid the hassle of the check-in desks.

Cheers.

I flew out on December 12th. The queue for check-in and security took 2hrs 45mins. Terminal 2 was chaotic the worst i have known in 35 years of travelling to Thailand. Its no use checking in online because you still have to queue with everyone else to drop your luggage.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, surat04 said:

I flew out on December 12th. The queue for check-in and security took 2hrs 45mins. Terminal 2 was chaotic the worst i have known in 35 years of travelling to Thailand. Its no use checking in online because you still have to queue with everyone else to drop your luggage.

Its no use checking in online because you still have to queue with everyone else to drop your luggage.

some airlines do provide fast track for online checkers, seems daft not to if they want to encourage online checking in... one benefit of online check in is you can change your seat

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, surat04 said:

Its no use checking in online because you still have to queue with everyone else to drop your luggage.

There must surely still be benefits to checking in online? There are for other airports, you can pick and change your seat allocation for one and all your details are logged so the process at counter is minimally faster.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Don't they still need to weigh your carry on ?

Depends on airline and airport. I'd say I've had mine actually weighed 3 or 4 times at most in the past 30 years. Is it a common occurrence at Heathrow (only flown out of there 4 or 5 times and it wasn't weighed, but been a while).

2 hours ago, London Lowf said:

The pub is right at the other end of the terminal - just a very scruffy and run-down Costa Coffee near the Thai check-in ☹

When i flew out in December, Thai check-in was row D and the queue was past the pub bar

15 hours ago, surat04 said:

When i flew out in December, Thai check-in was row D and the queue was past the pub bar

Maybe they've changed it? I've always gone to Zone A and have just checked and the LHR website still shows that as the Thai Airways check-in.