Thai tourism workers urged to have Covid vaccine booster

snoop1130

Vaccines-768x461.jpg

Covid vaccines

With China experiencing a surge in Covid infections and simultaneously about to re-open its borders, tourism staff in Thailand are being urged to have a booster vaccine dose. According to a Bangkok Post report, the Tourism Authority of Thailand is calling on all tourism workers to ensure they’re protected ahead of the expected return of Chinese tourists.

Yuthasak Supasorn, the TAT governor, says staff who are likely to have close contact with tourists, such as hotel receptionists, drivers, and tour guides, should make sure they’re protected against infection. China’s borders re-open next Sunday and Thailand expects to see a rise in the number of Chinese arrivals.

A government spokesman says PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has also instructed the Public Health Ministry to ensure measures are in place to keep the public safe from infection. Thailand is preparing to welcome around 300,000 visitors from China during the first quarter of 2023, according to spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri.

As a result of China’s re-opening, the TAT has also increased its target for foreign arrivals in 2023 from 20 million to 25 million. Tourism officials hope this year’s arrivals will generate revenue of around 2.4 trillion baht.

Meanwhile, the National Committee for Communicable Diseases says that arrivals from China will be required to show evidence of vaccination and proof of health insurance.

Source: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/national-news/thai-tourism-workers-urged-to-have-covid-vaccine-booster/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-01-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Love It 1

thai government might be taking some protective steps within near future - possible pre-testing, as some other countries already done.

So those 300k prospective travellers from china in the first 3 month might be less than 100k per month.

Too early to know now if and what scale of infection there might be.

Local health authorities  will be the best aware of infection and take action. 

I think it's too early to go into panicking mode.

There might be coming better quality the second generation vax 

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

says staff who are likely to have close contact with tourists, such as hotel receptionists, drivers, and tour guides, should make sure they’re protected against infection.

And all these tourism staff have friends and relatives that ARE NOT in the tourism sector.  Not that I am promoting more vaccines, and I am not, but these tourism staff do not live in a bubble.  If you are going to have a vaccine program for the tourism staff you need to have a program for everyone.  DUH.  I can't believe what I read some days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Yuthasak Supasorn, the TAT governor,

does he care about the "other" non tourism workers... since he's indirectly admitting Chinese will bring Covid back to Thailand, why the heck does he/they let the Chinese come

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin Taylor said:

Why, pretty much everyone's had covid now. The booster won't stop transmission so who does it help apart from those selling it.

Anyone not wanting to get really sick from a new variant or even a reinfection. Vaccines have proven to be better for long term protection than covid infection itself.

source links previously posted in other threads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

If I'm a Thai tourism worker and i get infected with Covid from a Chinese tourist, I'd sue the government for knowingly allowing dangerously sick enter the country and endanger my life i would...

No you wouldn't.

• Like 1