Phuket Retirement Extension in 2 months.

I'm renewing my retirement extension in about 2 months in Phuket.  In the past 7-8 years the officers allowed 7 days for the bank paperwork to be dated so you could have a day or two to get to Phuket immigration.

Max 7 days for the bank papers and with updated bank book on the application date and please make sure that both bank certificate and statement have the same balance

I just went on the Phuket immigration volunteer website and they mention the 7 days, but this is also added.   
But it is highly advised to obtain all the bank papers on the day of the application as this can be required by the immigration office

Has anyone in Phuket had this requirement asked of them?  Or is it still 7 days.  It's just I have Bangkok Bank and they take a few days to get the paperwork done.

Trying to avoid any surprises or stress

Thanks.

I guess if you have BB and it only take a couple of days to get the papers, then you might just see to that you keep it within the 7 days. That would make you in the clear for any surprises, right?

Edited by Gottfrid

26 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

, then you might just see to that you keep it within the 7 days. That would make you in the clear for any surprises, right?

Yes.  I always do.  I guess I’m wondering if the bank letter and bank balance update has to be on the same day as application to immigration.  They know BB 12 month statement can’t be same day.  I’ve always done the letter and book update 1-2 days in advance so I can go to immigration early in the morning.  Has anyone had a issue with this.  Thanks.  

2 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

Yes.  I always do.  I guess I’m wondering if the bank letter and bank balance update has to be on the same day as application to immigration.  They know BB 12 month statement can’t be same day.  I’ve always done the letter and book update 1-2 days in advance so I can go to immigration early in the morning.  Has anyone had a issue with this.  Thanks.  

As far as I know you have, if as you say, 7 days for the total bank statement. However, the bank book update with a symbolic 100 baht deposit should be on the same day. Not sure if you need the deposit in Phuket.

Since SCB closed their office at CW I have presented my retirement extension application there with the bank book update and bank letter dated the day before the day of my application. Up to now this has been accepted by immigration even though the  regulations say both should be dated the same day as the day of application. 

4 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

I'm renewing my retirement extension in about 2 months in Phuket.

Are you doing so on the basis of a non-OA visa obtained before October 2019? If so, would be interesting to know whether Phuket are still waiving the mandatory health insurance requirement for such original non-OA visa holders.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 2:11 PM, OJAS said:

Are you doing so on the basis of a non-OA visa obtained before October 2019? If so, would be interesting to know whether Phuket are still waiving the mandatory health insurance requirement for such original non-OA visa holders.

No, Non-O since 2016.  Don't know about the insurance.  There is a website called Phuket Immigration Volunteers which has a lot of information.  I'm just wondering if the letter and book balance has to be on same day as my visit to immigration for renewal as I've always done it the day before the visit and the website says it recommends to do the same day.  This is the only new thing I saw on the website.  I like to get to immigration about 8;15 and get it over as fast as possible.