Long-Term Visa Options

Morning All,

British national on a Tourist Exemption Extension at present, having been denied an Elite visa due to having a previous Non-O volunteer visa (from covid).

Can anyone advise of possible long-term (12 month) visa options at present.

I understand that the ED visa's are being completely stopped in the immediate future due to Chinese visa abuse. And possible the same for business visas.

Is there anything else out there, other than trying to get by with border bounces and extensions?

Have you looked at the new LTR 10 year Visas.  Of course you need to be over 50 to qualify for the LTR-WP, but if under 50 and you have the dosh then the LTR-GWC would work. The main site seems to be down right now but here is an article with the info and a link to try later.

https://www.huahintoday.com/thailand-news/thailands-new-10-year-long-term-resident-visa-ltr-visa-is-now-available/

35 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Have you looked at the new LTR 10 year Visas.  Of course you need to be over 50 to qualify for the LTR-WP, but if under 50 and you have the dosh then the LTR-GWC would work. The main site seems to be down right now but here is an article with the info and a link to try later.

https://www.huahintoday.com/thailand-news/thailands-new-10-year-long-term-resident-visa-ltr-visa-is-now-available/

Yeh. The WFTP would be ideal if only for the 150m/3yr company rule.

The WGC is just a bit much with the enforced investment. It’s both a currency play and a bet on the Thai economy, which makes it very expensive.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mrmagyar said:

Yeh I should have said, well under 50

Obviously the PE elite visa was your best option.

Think the 10 million (new property) real estate investment option still on the table. Is there a Thai bonds purchase also? 

You could consider a balance such as METV every year (9 months) in Thailand along with living in other locations such as Vietnam. 

51 minutes ago, mrmagyar said:

Yeh. The WFTP would be ideal if only for the 150m/3yr company rule.

The WGC is just a bit much with the enforced investment. It’s both a currency play and a bet on the Thai economy, which makes it very expensive.

It was a thought

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mrmagyar said:

The best I can currently find is 100k for 15 month business visa.

Not familiar with a 15 month business visa.  Is that a NonB visa, or something else?  Does it come with a work permit?

Well it's a new calendar year, so you've got 2 border hops ((45+30) x 2), plus what's left on your current stamp.

The current situation with the education visa's won't last forever, and it may well be business as usual by the time you've exhausted your yearly bounces.

...or else fly back home and obtain a METV. (Again, things may well have calmed down in 9 months)

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Well it's a new calendar year, so you've got 2 border hops ((45+30) x 2), plus what's left on your current stamp.

The current situation with the education visa's won't last forever, and it may well be business as usual by the time you've exhausted your yearly bounces.

...or else fly back home and obtain a METV. (Again, things may well have calmed down in 9 months)

I was trying to ascertain what the score was on that but didn't want to ask a repeat question.

So is it the case that I can expect to get two BORDER bounces, plus both subsequent extensions, with no questions asked?

I mean, the border agents won't look at my recent history and turn me away? And BKK immigration the same when I go for the extensions?

Cheers

5 hours ago, mrmagyar said:

I was trying to ascertain what the score was on that but didn't want to ask a repeat question.

So is it the case that I can expect to get two BORDER bounces, plus both subsequent extensions, with no questions asked?

I mean, the border agents won't look at my recent history and turn me away? And BKK immigration the same when I go for the extensions?

Cheers

As it stands, I haven't heard of any issues at the Laos borders. (With your history you won't be able to apply for a tourist visa in the Laos consulates, but a border hop should be OK). The Cambodian borders have been problematic lately for long stayers looking to bounce, but these have been long stayers who hadn't left Thailand for a long time. You have, so maybe no issues for you.  A visa run company would be able to tell you if it's possible.

You won't have any problem extending at BKK immigration.

• Like 1