PATTAYA beach No2 in the World ! Really ?

Social Media

22 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The OP is about the most POPULAR beach. If you believe there's a more popular beach in Thailand than let's hear it.

Watched the video properly this time, it's not about the beach itself it's all about searches on the internet. Not about quality of said beach or even about visitors to beach. all about hits on searches.

On 1/4/2023 at 6:23 PM, BigStar said:

Commentary about Pattaya from anyone who can't pronounce Pattaya can be instantly dismissed. Not surprisingly, then, the vid is based on a straw man argument, as nobody had been claiming that Pattaya is popular because of the beauty of its beach. And bungled a possible explanation of why Pattaya is so often searched on the net. Next. 

I think you maybe a Farang that pronounces Pat ta ya  , Pie tire ya or Paytireya like many many Farangs, never hear a Thai pronounce it like many Farangs do. you can buy a song in the music shops that Thai Lady boys sing you can learn how it should be pronounced .   just saying 

On 1/4/2023 at 3:23 AM, BigStar said:

Commentary about Pattaya from anyone who can't pronounce Pattaya can be instantly dismissed. Not surprisingly, then, the vid is based on a straw man argument, as nobody had been claiming that Pattaya is popular because of the beauty of its beach. And bungled a possible explanation of why Pattaya is so often searched on the net. Next. 

I was expecting the narrator to say puh-TIE-uh, which is the mispronunciation I often hear.

this guy didn't say it that badly IMHO.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

I was expecting the narrator to say puh-TIE-uh, which is the mispronunciation I often hear.

this guy didn't say it that badly IMHO.

True, he pronounced Pattaya correctly. He didn't pronounce Bondi correctly though ????

1 hour ago, Old car dealer said:

I think you maybe a Farang that pronounces Pat ta ya  , Pie tire ya or Paytireya like many many Farangs, never hear a Thai pronounce it like many Farangs do. you can buy a song in the music shops that Thai Lady boys sing you can learn how it should be pronounced .   just saying 

Precisely my point. I'm referring to the narrator of the video.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

True, he pronounced Pattaya correctly. He didn't pronounce Bondi correctly though ????

So then he didn't pronounce either correctly and rather bungled Buakhao as well. I'm accepting that you can do Bondi OK.

This thread rather illustrates the difficulties farang have understanding subtle (or sometimes major, ha ha) differences in sounds, one reason most can't learn to speak Thai, or think they can but really can't. (Or, in the Brit case, learn to speak "posh.") Thinking now of an acquaintance who thought he could speak Thai w/o going to the bother of any study and always mangled it horribly. Thais found it very annoying. He always had a very high opinion of his abilities. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleBear57 said:

Watched the video properly this time, it's not about the beach itself it's all about searches on the internet. Not about quality of said beach or even about visitors to beach. all about hits on searches.

The TikTok survey was, yes. The way it was presented initially was misleading. So the OP did make a point to explain the survey, good. Now the content of the article clearly said the data just came from searches, but of course many just read the headlines and don't have a clue what the article actually says. It's amazing how people find jobs for themselves.

Then he proceeded to pull a rather silly "reason" out of his, er, hat, reducing Pattaya to a few red-light districts, the beach and promenade to "the coconut bar." Presumably, this is all the Pattaya he and his audience know and how they regard the beach and promenade. So they're all happy now.

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The OP is about the most POPULAR beach. If you believe there's a more popular beach in Thailand than let's hear it.

No. Actually, the OP is noting and attempting to explain its popularity in TikTok searches only.

On 1/5/2023 at 3:23 PM, ozimoron said:

The OP is not about whether or not Pattaya is the best beach. It is undoubtedly one of the most popular beaches in the world. It was crowded with many thousands of people on several occasions in the past couple of months.

obviously many of the posters here did not bother to listen to the video before going on and on....it basically says it was searched on tik tok a lot..number 2 in fact......not that it was the second best beach in the world.  Big difference.  I doubt any serious source would rate it as the 2nd best beach overall in the world.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 7:06 PM, Kenny202 said:

Absolutely ridiculous lol. It wouldnt be the best beach in Chon buri. When I first came here dumb and unsuspecting went for a swim. Apart from the weird cloudy foamy water I was swimming with plastic bags and toilet paper. Had a nasty ear infection for a week and scratching my skin for days. Felt like i had swum in a Cesspool ????????

Yes, in the eighties, went in to the water so may plastic bags and other things did a quick turnaround, never entered that water since.

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Another one that doesn't follow what''s going on.

please explain  Why do you think I didn't follow what's going on ...  you really say some stupid things sometimes as we all know.

Edited by steven100

On 1/6/2023 at 9:00 PM, steven100 said:

please explain  Why do you think I didn't follow what's going on ...  you really say some stupid things sometimes as we all know.

Because by saying, "#2 in the world .....   what absolute nonsense the internet tries to spread.  Pathetic" you clearly didn't watch the video or know what is going on. "The internet" is not spreading anything about Pattaya being the second most beautiful beach, the second most idyllic beach, the second most amazing beach. It is the result of Tik Tok announcing where the most hashtagged and most viewed hashtags are, and Pattaya is second to Bondi.

It is not "the internet" spreading anything, it is just a factual announcement from Tik Tok. Pattaya is the second most viewed beach resort hashtag. Nothing more, nothing less. And Pattaya is pretty popular for many reasons (the beach not being one of them).

You obviously didn't understand that or you wouldn't have made such an old man comment. Ergo you don't follow what is going on as you react to headlines and don't follow the source.

• Like 2

God gave Pattaya beach a perfect natural half circle. This is a very desirable feature for a beach and also makes it more photogenic than other beaches. And is most likely what put Pattaya on the map. But hey it sucks! What a dump! 

3J3QLDFI_o.jpg

Edited by Harsh Jones