Urgent Overstay Question #2

12 hours ago, Joebuzzz said:

Thanks for the reply. I actually walked into immigration on the 9th, saw my envelope of documents handed over the windows to a "waiting" rep, he came out and took my picture.  I was there 2 minutes.  I am aware that immigration is very busy now and I'm not trying to reflect that my agent has failed me.  It's just that I am in fear of getting stuck in some checkpoint without permission to stay document in my possession.  I have a receipt from my agent.  I can "hope" that would do, but hope, is kinda like a wish, they don't work either.

So if I understand this thread you originally wrote a post implying using an agent may have let you down and had no idea of where you were in the process. In reality you went to imm with your agent and saw the application documents turned in and imm clearly had and were working on them.  Hmmm....

17 hours ago, brianthainess said:

A friend of mine once needed a witness, he went outside paid an old lady 200b who swore to immigration she had known him for years. 

or a short time?

Edited by d4dang
grammar

10 hours ago, Dan O said:

So if I understand this thread you originally wrote a post implying using an agent may have let you down and had no idea of where you were in the process. In reality you went to imm with your agent and saw the application documents turned in and imm clearly had and were working on them.  Hmmm....

Well, not exactly.  I don't believe my agent has let me down.  They were previously my landlords condo unit property managers.  They have been there a long time.  I guess it's safe to say that my concern is most likely linked to lack of communication.  When it began, I was told 2 to 3 weeks.  Now into week 4, I ask when?  All I get in response is "Do not worry", and "No you will not be on overstay".  I still get nothing like "Yes, it is coming in 2 or 3 days".  With one day to go I'm concerned about being caught in a checkpoint without proof of authorization to be here.  I have only a receipt from the agent to CMA.  I do not distrust them, I actually like them.  My present landlord also has properties managed by them.  I'm just used to having my ducks in a row.  I cannot do anything I need to do here without my passport.  I don't like feeling uncertain about my legality here, it's very stressful.

Edited by Joebuzzz