Hassle at CW

Does Immigration really have 35 yrs. of history on their computers ?  I have lived here continuously since 1995. As you might guess, there were few computers here then, and few people who knew how to use one.  Most computers had dust covers on them most of the time. Bangkok Bank had a German guy at their head office overseeing their computers.

My guess would be about 15 yrs. of history at best.

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you could do a border bounce if required.

Inconvenient.

Also, possibly slightly less inconvenient, there is a section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok that is able to correct visas with errors in them. It tends to be a rather bureaucratic process as I understand the MFA contacts the embassy that issued the visa before making the correction.

• Love It 2

I'm baffled how this can even happen. As you need to upload the passport data page when applying for an eVisa, they could just grab the machine readable data that includes the CORRECT passport number.

Hardly Thailand 4.0, is it?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/5/2023 at 12:11 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, you could do a border bounce if required.

Inconvenient.

I just completed an eVisa to Vietnam so I will certainly check the details when it's approved..

Wise move Dr. Jack, last time I did an e-visa to Viet Nam, I mistyped my passport number by one digit, got to the airport to check in and was told could not use that visa as the passport numbers did not match.  I had to scramble to find a company that would provide me with what I needed via a visa on arrival, they even had someone at the airport who did the visa application process for me when I landed.  Cost me $125 for that one typo.

11 minutes ago, Scott424 said:

I had to scramble to find a company that would provide me with what I needed via a visa on arrival, they even had someone at the airport who did the visa application process for me when I landed.  Cost me $125 for that one typo.

That's a pain.

Good that you point out the option to use Vietnam based agent to provide the "letter of approval" for visa on arrival.

Prior to covid being Oz I required visa for Vietnam and used one of those agents for 3 month multiple. Often.

Sadly for some reason Vietnam has taken the 3 month option off the table. 

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Certainly sounds like hassle.  He just wasn't too bothered by the hassle, this time.

Ok, so there is a new kind of hassle. The kind that does not bother you. Wow! Never heard about that kind on this forum. Just a lot of tired complainers here that just want everything to be like home. Just to go home then!