Sequel of "Gladiator " to start filming in May !

Social Media

The long-awaited Gladiator sequel will reportedly begin shooting in May with filming locations already selected for Ouarzazate, Morocco.

The Sun reports that locations in the Moroccan city have been chosen for filming, with a source estimating the sequel could be 'ready' as early as 2024.

While details of the story have remained closely guarded, the outlet reports the sequel may revolve around Roman Empress Lucilla's son Lucius Verus. 

7 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Gladiator 2 - From Rome to Alcazar

Are you not entertained?

NINTCHDBPICT000508624779.jpg

You beat me to it because I was about to suggest that the sequel to the original "Gladiator" would not star a very pudgy Russell Crowe!!

• Like 1

At one point the musician Nick Cave got involved. I'm quoting the BBC and various other websites.

Nick Cave wrote this screenplay: "Following his death in the first film, Maximus goes down to purgatory and is sent down by the Roman gods, who are dying in heaven because there’s this one god, there’s this Christ character, down on Earth who is gaining popularity. As many of the gods are dying, they end up sending Maximus back to Earth to kill Christ and his followers. Following a series of events that see him being cursed to live forever, the film ends with a montage of Maximus fighting in various conflicts throughout history such as The Crusades, World War II, and the Vietnam War. The final scene sees Maximus working at The Pentagon in modern-day America, continuing his eternal struggle against mankind's most depraved of emotions whilst still contending with his inability to reunite with his deceased family."

Hmm ???? ... Too bad this won't see the light of day.