Thai health expert says Covid from the West is more dangerous than from China

snoop1130

20 hours ago, Drop the dead donkey said:

I just want to know where Covid actually is? As I have spent 1 complete year in the UK after 16 years abroad. During this time in the UK, I haven’t seen 1 case in my immediate circle or theirs as well. So how and where is this virus still living ?

I think it is still all BS and was from the start.

Do you live alone in a box somewhere ? All of my friends and most work colleagues have had covid and cases still occu

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I cannot find any reference to his contributions to the international managemnent of pandemic: No contribution on vaccine development, no contribution on treatment of covid, and no contribution to understanding of genome that allowed western countries to find solution to Asian sourced covid infection.

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I just flew from NY to LA tonight. About 10% in the airport and on the flight wore masks. And I was not one of them! I am more concerned with a cold or a flu than with the wimpy Omi. 

If you are, then why you not wear a mask since cold and flu are respiratory spread infections? You not make logic here.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

New rules? I came in on Thursday afternoon to no requirements at all. Just like pre Covid days. Plane full ( from Amsterdam) only a few wearing masks. The cabin crew were not. I did not wear one until the airport here. Of course asked to remove it by IO who was not masked but behind plexiglass.

What are the health rules for entering Thailand now? Since when? The Chinese effect???

I see alot of mask wearing here still in enclosed spaces and the open air markets. I assume it's encouraged but not mandatory. Generally I sense the palpable fear still present here when I came in last February ( and had to quarantine before being released in to the wild) for 90 days has gone. Many Thais round these parts are still under or not vaccinated.

53 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

New rules? I came in on Thursday afternoon to no requirements at all. Just like pre Covid days. Plane full ( from Amsterdam) only a few wearing masks. The cabin crew were not. I did not wear one until the airport here. Of course asked to remove it by IO who was not masked but behind plexiglass.

What are the health rules for entering Thailand now? Since when? The Chinese effect???

I see alot of mask wearing here still in enclosed spaces and the open air markets. I assume it's encouraged but not mandatory. Generally I sense the palpable fear still present here when I came in last February ( and had to quarantine before being released in to the wild) for 90 days has gone. Many Thais round these parts are still under or not vaccinated.

Majority of Thai's don't have any hang ups on mask wearing, with many of them doing it not to spread what-ever is going around to others. 

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nope. Wrong. Medically and factually. Since delta, each variant keeps getting weaker and more feeble, so why fear the opposite, when it is not a science based concern? 

I refuse to live my life based on fear and paranoia. No thanks. Prefer optimism, especially when it is backed up by facts. 

Agree, I just take the normal approach as I would around people with the  'flu'. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Artisi said:

Majority of Thai's don't have any hang ups on mask wearing, with many of them doing it not to spread what-ever is going around to others. 

I've observed that Eastern Asians in general don't have the mask hang ups westerners do. Fairly common to see masks worn in enclosed public spaces and on public transport before anyone had ever heard of Covid. Perhaps due to the previous SARS outbreak which was very serious here but never as far as I know got a foothold in the West. As it happens I was traveling in these parts at that time, SARS hitting the headlines whilst I was in Thailand and could not travel to Hong Kong where reports were it was very bad. On returning to the UK I had to self isolate at home for 14 days which upset my employers although no official checked that I was self isolating. I do not recall any symptoms.

On 1/7/2023 at 3:30 PM, jacko45k said:

Covid can cause pneumonia, which can kill,

ill vouch for this, my mild omnicron infection very gradually became pneumonia which  was diagnosed by a lazy doctor as COPD sending me on a terrifying health scare journey until a competent doctor diagnosed pneumonia and cleared it up with a single course of antibiotics.  

I did, as a result quit smoking and feel better than I have in years, but COVID is no laughing matter. 

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/6/2023 at 12:35 PM, ozimoron said:

second is more dangerous new mutations coming from the US and Europe. Hence, the restrictions applying to all arrivals.

Personally I think this is more a political rather than a medical decision. If it applies to ALL rather than just China it cannot be seen as not being even handed and incur the wrath of their biggest supplier of tourists at a time the economy really needs them.

This keeps getting better

1. Chinese vaccines for covid was found to be inferior, yet A nut in admits those vaccines as a requirement for entry into the kingdom

2. now the expert says, western strains would be more dangerous

3. what is the status of the 'tom yum vaccone' this chap was cooking!

• Thumbs Up 1

This expert looks like an unqualified used car salesman selling the latest and greatest lemon with awesome ba5 letters to make it more juicy to the customer buying it.

Colds have been pretty similar my whole life and I don't recall ever catching any from any family or coworkers or friends. 

In my personal experience, the common cold occurs due to mismanaging your immune system.  Poor diet, overwork, too much stress.  Manage it correctly and and you won't get them anymore.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 7:01 PM, Dmaxdan said:

The DF (Dirty Farang) variant of Covid has always been the most deadly. But weirdly isn't recognized in the rest of the world.

The only sensible solution is for all good Thais to immediately impose additional random DF sales taxes on all DF transactions within the Kingdom.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 12:04 AM, spidermike007 said:

They have never been clear about that. From covid, or with covid as one factor? We know in the US, half of the fatalities are from people over 75 years of age. The flu is also a big killer within that age range. 

Average age of death from covid was 82 or 83 in the uk without preexisting illness.  In the uk before 2020 flu would kill between 24,000 to 40,000 every year. That is died because of and not died with. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2023 at 3:48 AM, ozimoron said:

Facts are facts

Roughly 6,500 people in hospitals in the U.S. have tested positive for Covid-19, according to the CDC, more than double the number from one month ago, and more than 10,000 people have died from Covid in the last month, the highest four-week total since the summer.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/06/covid-cases-hospitalizations-spike-as-new-variant-gains-foothold-00076747

Hospitals at or near full COVID-19 ICU capacity increase by 90% over past few months

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/hospitals/study-hospitals-at-or-near-full-covid-19-icu-capacity-increase-by-90-over-past-few-months

No mention of the jab compromising the immune systems adding to the severity of any new infections 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sharp said:

No mention of the jab compromising the immune systems adding to the severity of any new infections 

Jabs compromise the immune system? I assume you have read research papers that demonstrate this (not just correlative papers. This virus mutates so fast, that vaccines are virtually useless now. I'm done with them. 

What is worse is continual mask wearign when it is completely unnecessary. The lack of exposure to pathogens means the immune system is not beign stimulated. The few people  know who have caught the common cold recently got hit hard (more than they normally experience).