Live in Thailand or return to the UK? Written by an Expat who returned to the UK

webfact

Well it's his story and plausible as not every expat in Thailand who works earns peanuts. I first went to thailand in 2002 and fell in love with Thailand.  I split my time working in the uk and scuba diving, working and living on Kow Tow. After my first coup I noticed big changes in attitude so left. My wife and I came back to thailand in 2010 to live, built a house and had a good life but again another coup and we decided to leave everything and move back to the UK with our children in 2019. This was the best decision we made. Children very happy, love school and have lots of opportunities. My wife loves living in the uk and has good friends and me I have my garden, my house and a wonderful life. Thailand is for holidays and if we didn't have family or friends in Thailand I don't think we would bother ever going back as so many other beautiful places on the planet to see. Been there seen it and done it. Oh as a foot note: not all men marry thai women out of desperation of not being able to find a wife in their own country as not all thai women marry a foreigner because they have money. A Thai women in my experience wants above all a man who will love her,  is responsible and is faithful a man who isn't running off with other women. Now been together nearly 18 years.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

Well it's his story and plausible as not every expat in Thailand who works earns peanuts. I first went to thailand in 2002 and fell in love with Thailand.  I split my time working in the uk and scuba diving, working and living on Kow Tow. After my first coup I noticed big changes in attitude so left. My wife and I came back to thailand in 2010 to live, built a house and had a good life but again another coup and we decided to leave everything and move back to the UK with our children in 2019. This was the best decision we made. Children very happy, love school and have lots of opportunities. My wife loves living in the uk and has good friends and me I have my garden, my house and a wonderful life. Thailand is for holidays and if we didn't have family or friends in Thailand I don't think we would bother ever going back as so many other beautiful places on the planet to see. Been there seen it and done it. Oh as a foot note: not all men marry thai women out of desperation of not being able to find a wife in their own country as not all thai women marry a foreigner because they have money. A Thai women in my experience wants above all a man who will love her,  is responsible and is faithful a man who isn't running off with other women. Now been together nearly 18 years.

Sounds great and my plan stay at home.  Show her some better parts of the World.  We could spend 20 years exploring the intermountain West.  Plus mexico, Caribbean and Florida, s CA. 

On 1/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, kingstonkid said:

One could get the same peace and quiet garden and such by simply moving to Isaan or out of the big city.

I find it hard to believe that a guy could make enough money in Thailand to retire in the UK and by BMW and other high end cars.

Not saying he did not do it just wondering.

I wonder what business he was in that the authorities were such a problem.

I wonder what business he was in that the authorities were such a problem.Maybe something to do with White Powder ??