Best Bangkok online rental database

I like https://www.fazwaz.com/ because they have maps, good search functions and other details.

But I don't think that one, or any other, is good for searching individual now available units. It seems they are all full of units which were rented out or sold long ago.

I think the best way to use these sites/databases is to search buildings in a specific area, price range, etc. And then go to these buildings and get personally up to date information in that building.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Yes, this is the scam.

Fictitious ads created for rentals to bait a d switch. Often, imo the condo never even existed as a rental. It's all run by a few large IT scamsters and then they pass contacts onto agents. The agent apologies and says it's full but offers to help you find another or aid in search.

I'll just go to the condos

I don't think there is any organized scam. There must be millions of pictures out there from units which were once for rent or sale. Just copy them, done.

It's also funny that sometime on the same site the same pictures are used for different units with different sizes, etc.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't think there is any organized scam. There must be millions of pictures out there from units which were once for rent or sale. Just copy them, done.

It's also funny that sometime on the same site the same pictures are used for different units with different sizes, etc.

Yes, some have taken to watermarking. Or the ones that just have pictures of the condo exterior haha.

The reason I think it's a scam is that various RE companies operating same way. Wife messages in line, condo discussed no info, everything goes dead for a day or two - then *agent* appears she has no idea.. checking.. oh, full, oh, renovation poof gone. Same story all companies

OP, you need to be aware, you cant just "do the rounds" of most condo buildings. The office in a condo block is there to look after the condo block, they are not there to serve the general public doing rentals. While some do do rentals on the side, and some have regular little property agencies going on, Their actual roll is to look after the block on behalf of the owners, they are actually forbidden from doing sales/rentals (or any other business') in the condo legislation.

A lot of owners in condo blocks get very annoyed when they see their condo maintenance fees being used so the office can show condos and do contracts etc, all while the block is not being serviced and maintained as it should be.

You will find a lot of condo blocks, you wont even get past the front gate, as you basically have no business with the condo office, and they have no business with you.

51 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, you need to be aware, you cant just "do the rounds" of most condo buildings. The office in a condo block is there to look after the condo block, they are not there to serve the general public doing rentals. While some do do rentals on the side, and some have regular little property agencies going on, Their actual roll is to look after the block on behalf of the owners, they are actually forbidden from doing sales/rentals (or any other business') in the condo legislation.

A lot of owners in condo blocks get very annoyed when they see their condo maintenance fees being used so the office can show condos and do contracts etc, all while the block is not being serviced and maintained as it should be.

You will find a lot of condo blocks, you wont even get past the front gate, as you basically have no business with the condo office, and they have no business with you.

Is that the theory or real life?

Maybe it's illegal but it is big money, so many do it.

And then there are shops, hairdresser, etc. in the building and often they act as an agent.

And there are often boards with information.

I don't know how much of that is legal. But it seems it is common procedure in many buildings.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 4:18 AM, SuperSilverHaze said:

Here's the alleged scam.

Fictitious ads created for rentals to bait and switch. Use your imagination which sites 555.

Often, imo the condo never even existed as a rental. It's all run by a few large IT scamsters and then they pass contacts onto agents. The agent apologies and says it's full but offers to help you find another or aid in search.

I'll just go to the condos

Nonsensical.