Biden heads to the border for the first time as president

Scott

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's good biden is finally waking up. Too bad he didn't do more when he began his presidency instead of waiting 2 yrs and now trying to shore up the political damage.

He assigned that to VP Harris and SHE is the one who has failed miserably.

7 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

It WAS assigned to her. That was a hot potato (or maybe a loaded grenade?) President Biden threw her way as one of his first acts as president.

Harris has already visited the border. My comment was really about the prez and VP not hanging around to together in public for security reasons. They also spread their tasks for greater coverage.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

9 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

It WAS assigned to her. That was a hot potato (or maybe a loaded grenade?) President Biden threw her way as one of his first acts as president.

He is in Texas. If Harris was by his side it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine some 2nd amendment crazy pulling out his legal concealed weapon and instantly making McCarthy POTUS.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

Talking to a Democrat is like talking to a wall, it just bounces off.

I'll let you in on a little secret; nothing bounces off the 'Big Beautiful Wall Paid For By Mexico'.

"Why', you may ask? Because it doesn't exist (said in a whisper).:ph34r:

Edited by Phoenix Rising

Want to cut immigration in half or more?

pass a law that any company or individual who hires an illegal is fined 100,000 per occurrence and enforce it....no jobs no $$  very few immigrants

of course many of the big corps, big ag, even people hiring maids, gardeners etc,. who whine about illegals are the very ones that encourage them by paying them to save $$ by paying immigrants a fraction of what it cost to hire americans....assuming any american will even do the work.

• Like 1

Governor Abbott delivers letter to President Biden after landing in El Paso

EL PASO – Governor Greg Abbott hand-delivered a letter to President Joe Biden after he arrived in El Paso Sunday afternoon, calling on him to take action to secure the border.

The governor handed the letter to the president after greeting him on the tarmac at the El Paso International Airport. This visit is the president’s first trip to the border since being sworn into office almost two years ago.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2023/01/08/governor-abbott-delivers-letter-to-president-biden-after-landing-in-el-paso/

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Hasn't Harris been supposed to be "taking action" for a long while now? Doesn't seem like she has achieved anything at all though.

The administration has just announced a policy of 30,000 arrivals and expulsions per month. Does that count as nothing?

I love reading the democrats responses here. Remember it was them that fought to stop the building of the wall and let illegals just walk on over. But now that they have a Democrat president that does nothing it is now the Republicans fault.  

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BTB1977 said:

I love reading the democrats responses here. Remember it was them that fought to stop the building of the wall and let illegals just walk on over. But now that they have a Democrat president that does nothing it is now the Republicans fault.  

Most illegals flew over the wall. Some 70% of them. The wall was never anything more than a dog whistle and a threat to migratory animals.

12 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

Most Illegal Immigration Isn’t Coming From The Mexican Border

Visa overstays continue to outpace border apprehensions. In fiscal 2017, the number of immigrants who overstayed their visas was double the number of people caught trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border.

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Most illegals flew over the wall. Some 70% of them. The wall was never anything more than a dog whistle and a threat to migratory animals.

Oh please post a link to that whooper, emoticons.......right. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I knew where you were headed before. Same tired charts. Doesn't take away from the crisis at (our) border.

so you don't dispute my claim? Just deflecting now.

You knew I was headed for the facts.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1