Covid chaos descends again on Thailand’s foreign tourism sector amid cancellations and complaints

webfact

I hope the tests are 1500 baht per foreigner, 50 baht Thai.

Positive, Quarantine for 100,000 to save the planet!!!!!

I'm not flying in our out in the near term, so I'm hopeful for absolute chaos.   fun to watch.    and I simply think we are past the point of vax people dying from COVID withOUT underlying conditions.    

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The last time, it could be argued they were inexperienced. This time? And you could make a further argument that the entire bunch, especially Anutin, were incompetent.

But now? Don't people learn from experience? Isn't that just simple evolution? Incompetence is no longer an excuse. Stupidity, arrogance, and perhaps indifference, yes. Maybe these guys are simply too rich to care. 

They certainly are some of the greatest flip flippers around. Indecision, fear and stupidity are a lethal combination. 

Hanlon’s razor and the Dunning Kruger effect explains all you reference.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The situation has sent waves of chaos throughout the foreign tourism industry with travel agents in France, Germany, Scandinavia and Russia warning that confidence in Thailand as a tourist destination has been damaged as thousands of passengers stand to lose money with thousands of holiday night bookings already withdrawn in Phuket alone.

And he wants to be boss?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

So the new rule is unvaccinated must be tested on arrival. What is classed as vaccinated, 2,3,4 shots, including Sinovac ? What happens if you test positive? Do you need quarantine for 2,3,4, weeks in a hospital?

And which type of test and where must it be taken? I have a feeling this is a "you need to test yourself and seek help off your own back if found positive" kind of things because I don't see them setting up quarantine centres again.

• Like 2

Two questions:

1) Does the Johnson & Johnson Janssen single-injection vaccine count the same as two of, say, Moderna or Pfizer under this new policy?

2) Is there a time period within which the vaccine(s) need to have been received?  e.g. If I was vaccinated in 2020, is that good enough?

4 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

Two questions:

1) Does the Johnson & Johnson Janssen single-injection vaccine count the same as two of, say, Moderna or Pfizer under this new policy?

2) Is there a time period within which the vaccine(s) need to have been received?  e.g. If I was vaccinated in 2020, is that good enough?

I thought the Johnson & Johnson Janssen was suggested for a booster dose nowadays!

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I thought the Johnson & Johnson Janssen was suggested for a booster dose nowadays!

That may be?  But, when I got the Janssen vaccine, it was competing with AstraZenica, Pfizer and Moderna which all required two injections.

5 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

That may be?  But, when I got the Janssen vaccine, it was competing with AstraZenica, Pfizer and Moderna which all required two injections.

Your original question was associated with the present situation and rules of entry into Thailand, not when you got the vaccine, presumably some time ago.