Covid chaos descends again on Thailand’s foreign tourism sector amid cancellations and complaints

webfact

10 hours ago, Guemlum said:

“Non-Thai passengers arriving from countries which refuse entry to infected people must have taken out COVID insurance, valid throughout their stay in Thailand plus seven days, before their departure for Thailand.”

What exactly do they mean by this? The wife and I are going to Thailand on 8th March and will return to the UK on 5th April. Does our insurance now have to be valid until the 12th April?

If you google translate to Thai, we might get the answer..????????

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Can you now. I think you will find that you end up on an Emirates code share plane for the second leg - because BA don't fly to Thailand any more ????

Not Emirates, it is Qatar who virtually own BA. Where do you think BA got a/c and crews from during the strike.

At the end of the day if you buy your ticket from BA, you are flying with BA as it is their "Conditions of Carriage" that will apply.

3 minutes ago, An0n said:

And somebody asked for the proof of quotes of the pic I posted earlier (which seemingly is removed).

Here's Fauci,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSQDCwRSnzU
the rest, do you own work on digging harder
thank you very much for making me spend extra 5 minutes of search on this one.

Isn't this from a year ago?

34 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Not vaccinated, now welcome.

Proof of vaccination, no longer a requirement.

First time in 2,5 decades that I feel I should leave.

Next months peak of newly infected will be sky high, just wait after Songkran

This could be a Disaster , I didn’t leave last time but maybe no choice this time  

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

As soon as the files are lifted, tourists will return to Thailand.

This was proven a few months ago.

So, stop with the usual words that this will be the end.

Too many old farangs wanting a kiddy woman at the price of a hot-dog.

Not counting the freaks who want 2 ladybous.

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

As soon as the files are lifted, tourists will return to Thailand.

This was proven a few months ago.

So, stop with the usual words that this will be the end.

Too many old farangs wanting a kiddy woman at the price of a hot-dog.

Not counting the freaks who want 2 ladybous.

You have just summed up the freak culture that the country tends to attract. You are probably right there again they can always go to Cambodia or Vietnam.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

There are any number of reason why some people have not been vaccinated, some medical, some very personal? Only morons say everyone should be vaccinated?

Hold it, Mike: are you seriously calling Joe Biden and Fauci morons???

Better hope the FBI are not listening (or reading).  It's simply not allowed these days to question the actions of our ruling classes.

(Sorry, Mike, I apologise if you are not American; I made that assumption too quickly.)

Edited by blazes
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

Thai passport holders exempt ????

Bit hard to exempt citizens of the country from entry wouldn't you say ? Up to the countries who receive them when they leave Thailand  if they want proof of vaccination..  I guess they could insist Thai citizens are vaccinated before leaving  but the usual suspects in here would bang on about discrimination if it wasn't applied to foreigners I guess.  

As a precedent, Australia and New Zealand did ban their own citizens from arriving during the height of Covid, , with unfortunately very broad support from locals who were already home.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

They have covid in China, we have it here, it's in Europe and you can't stop it from spreading so they don't technically need to do anything.

Someone demanded this.

I wonder why they changed anything at all, after some period of time it will all return to normal like nothing happened - only in this case they've 'annoyed' every single country in the world except china.

Agreed. 

19 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

Can someone please explain this poorly worded rule? 

Is it dependent on the travelers own country accepting covid infected people? What country would ever accept anyone infected with covid?

It appears to be juvenile tit for tat behavior. On a diplomatic level. 

Woe is Thailand, with this kind of mickey mouse leadership. Or lack, thereof. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Hanlon’s razor and the Dunning Kruger effect explains all you reference.

Well, in this case, I believe it is both malice and stupidity combined. Add in hubris, and you have a lethal combination. And who suffers? As usual, the average Thai. One could argue they don't deserve this. Then again, one could argue they let it happen, and are not doing anything about it now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Reap what you sow! Anutin & Thailand! Next up we'll see TAT announcing "tourist arrivals lower than expected" in 2023 due to new covid restrictions. Why surprised at this <deleted> show?

they cried into their somtam when they were at the point of Starving no Tourists stupid acts like this could cause the same thing...let the greedy government feed them this time Nail in the coffin ...Thailand just finds ways to make it foooooking difficult for foreigners to get into this bloody country..perhaps we should stop trying eh !!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Reap what you sow! Anutin & Thailand! Next up we'll see TAT announcing "tourist arrivals lower than expected" in 2023 due to new covid restrictions. Why surprised at this <deleted> show?

Anutin is not suffering and will continue to receive his salary. It's the hotel owners who are reaping what Anutin sows - losing a lot of business.