Suphan man dies after taking his wife home - drove straight into a high power electric pole

webfact

1-แบบปกใส่คำพูด-New-29-2-768x433.jpg

Daily News Thai Caption: Unable to revive

Samae Dam police in south western Bangkok were called after a man from Suphanburi drove into a high power electric pole.

It happened on Rama 2 at Soi 87 outbound.

Sayan, 43, the driver of a Hilux Vigo was severly injured, reported Daily News.

His head had smashed into the windshield and he was unconscious.

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

CPR was given for half an hour to no avail - he was pronounced dead at the scene.

His relatives who live nearby came and were distraught.

Their relative had just taken his wife home to Rama 3 and was on his way to his elder sister's house when he crashed.

Police discovered marks on the road that suggest another vehicle may have been involved.

Investigations continue. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

9 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Clunk click every trip... 

Yip.

It's weird as most new cars have an annoying alarm if seatbelt not worn.

I've seen more than one Thai plug it in to stop the noise then lean back on it, the mind boggles.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

No seatbelt or airbag ?

Looks like a model that should have had both.  Probably not wearing seatbelt  Airbag maybe disconnected?  I don't how or why you would do that.  I know plenty of people who disconnect the alarm when no seatbelt is connected.  

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Yip.

I've seen more than one Thai plug it in to stop the noise then lean back on it, the mind boggles.

One bloke I know had a plastic piece like a seatbelt buckle he'd plug in to stop the alarm sounding.He'd rather do that than wear the belt. Seatbelts and  helmets aren't needed because Thais are the best drivers/riders in the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

Looks like a model that should have had both.  Probably not wearing seatbelt  Airbag maybe disconnected?  I don't how or why you would do that.  I know plenty of people who disconnect the alarm when no seatbelt is connected.  

Available at every DIY shop for 40 Baht

9cbafc6a5e94470083176ee2cacf2102_800.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Yip.

They sell the plug in part to stop the alarm. See here: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/extender-i4101278435-s16030529705.html?

You can't stop stupid people doing stupid things. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, findlay13 said:

Thais are the best drivers/riders in the world.

Apparently not as one crashed into me last night when I was on my way home. Second one in 5 weeks.

Lady in Mazda SUV driving aggressively, pulled out to do a U-turn in front of me causing me to brake unnecessarily and she moved over to the left lane, I continued up the right lane on the overpass and she turned into the lane without indicating, hitting my rear passenger side door and quarter panel. 

Superficial damage mostly but I am getting sick of constantly dealing with these morons day in day out. 

No apology or acknowledgement she was wrong of course, silly me expecting someone to take any sort of responsibility for their actions here.