Classified documents from Biden’s time as VP discovered in private office

Scott

“Biden’s documents are HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL, many pertain to UKRAINE, where Hunter was 'raking in the dough,' and FUNDED BY CHINA, which gave $55 Million to Biden, through Penn, and probably had easy access. Was the Old Crow’s boss, China-loving Coco Chow, involved?" the former president wrote, adding, "Just asking?”

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-blows-up-after-karl-rove-debunks-his-claims-about-classified-biden-documents/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, heybruce said:

You clearly have not worked with classified.  The higher ups leave it to their staff to take care of administrative details such as securing classified.

I concede that recent history shows that many politicians and their chosen staff do not have the training and appreciation of the importance of properly handling classified information.  That is a problem that needs to be addressed.  But there is a huge difference between inadvertent lapses in securing classified and obstructing the correct securing of classified.

'You clearly have not worked with classified.' Not in the US, I haven't. How do you know it was 'inadvertent lapses...'? The questions of who, when and why have not yet been established

• Thanks 1

It seems that the Executive Branch needs to review it's procedure for handling of Classified documents -- and probably all papers that are ultimately removed from the White House.  I suspect a lot of other agencies will need a review as well.

Many years ago, I dealt with classified documents.  The receipt of the document was logged in and they were delivered to the proper person.  Some were sealed so that the person delivering them couldn't review them.  Some were not, it depended on how sensitive it was. 

When a document was delivered to the authorized person it was logged out and when it was returned it was logged back in and someone with a higher clearance than mine was responsible to file them.  

The difficulty with ordinary classified documents was that the recipient had no time limit on how long they could keep it. 

The documents that we dealt with were not top secret. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TKDfella said:

'You clearly have not worked with classified.' Not in the US, I haven't. How do you know it was 'inadvertent lapses...'? The questions of who, when and why have not yet been established

We can be sure it was inadvertent because if there was something criminal behind it, the documents wouldn't have been left where they could be found. We know it was inadvertent because as soon as the lawyers looked at the documents, they reported  it. Contrast that with the behavior of a certain other party and his lawyers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Ah yes.

"The walls are closing in".

"It's the beginning of the end for Trump".

"Another bombshell revelation". 

I think I have been hearing this tune being played since 2016...

As for Biden, at best this episode shows that his mental facilities have been deteriorating for longer than many people suspect, certainly from before he was elected President. Yet somehow he can cling to office, perhaps due to his clever choice of VP- a person so obviously over her head and incompetent that even the most hardened Trumpers would blanch at the thought of her holding the Presidency.

Indeed, the thought of Harris becoming POTUS is not a happy one.

It does seem though, that Biden is no longer to be protected by the media- interesting development!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

This is the lead story on Al Jazeera news.

Seems Biden is in for some attention on this matter that will not be comfortable for him.

The more he tries to wiggle out of it, the bigger the story gets.

do you mean Aj Jazeera TV or news?

Are you referring to the republican inquisition or is there some news about a judicial proceeding?

Edited by ozimoron

2 minutes ago, dentman said:

AG Garland is currently giving a live statement on the Biden classified document crimes, have a listen on FOX as he bloviates and covers for the most corrupt politician in America.

I didn't hear any cover up. He's done the ( probably ) only thing he could do, and appointed a special counsel.

Al Jazeera is devoting a lot of time to discuss the A G speech and the back ground with relevance to the Trump episode with classified documents.

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

For months, the National Archives and then the Justice Dept negotiated with Trump for the return of documents he illegally took from the Whitehouse. I don't recall seeing any news about that.

Actually, if I remember well, It's Trump himself who first announced the raid to the public

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, who's laughing now?

Trump is.

Who's crying now?

Biden is.

Has to know that he's been hung out to dry, given he is probably a liability for the people that run the Democrats.

The only reason he's still there, IMO, is because of who takes over when he goes.

Why on earth would Biden be crying I’m sure he’s annoyed he has a lot on his plate beeing a real president not a nft cartoon president imo it’s the correct thing to do especially under the circumstances with trump hoarding sensitive docs then lying denying hiding blocking delaying ect ect you know that pesky and might I add illegal obstruction tisk tisk Donnie were as in the Joe Biden <deleted> all was handeled correctly there’s a world of difference 

• Like 1