Classified documents from Biden’s time as VP discovered in private office

Scott

Joseph R. Biden Jr.

Several classified documents from President Joe Biden’s time as vice president were discovered last fall in a private office, Biden’s attorneys acknowledged Monday.

Attorney General Merrick Garland has asked the US attorney in Chicago to investigate the matter, a source familiar with the matter tells CNN, and congressional Republicans are also taking notice.

Biden’s lawyers say they found the government materials in November while closing out a Washington, DC-based office – the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement – that Biden used as part of his relationship with the University of Pennsylvania, where he was an honorary professor from 2017 to 2019.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/09/politics/joe-biden-classified-documents-upenn/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

33 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Yes I agree, Biden left docs by accident, forgot about them. And now he's sitting pres, he doesn't instill alot of confidence.

And yet you yourself had this to say a few short moments ago:

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Problem is the term Classified could be something as innocent as weather reports. It could be a Top Secret folder with cooking recipes inside. Who knows.

Ooh, look even handed treatment.

A person who is familiar with the matter but not authorized to discuss it publicly said Attorney General Merrick Garland asked U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois John Lausch to review the matter after the Archives referred the issue to the department. Lausch is one of the few U.S. attorneys to be held over from former President Donald Trump’s administration.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-politics-united-states-government-812ef44a5333f6d93423a67a683fa024?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_08

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Sounds like you are saying possessing classified docs is legal until one is caught. I'm no lawyer, but it sounds a false assertion.

After the left made hay over others in possession of classified docs, this is most inconvenient to put it mildly!

If this had been made public before the midterms as the other case was......

look up "mens rea"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dotcalm said:

Oh, but / and it begs the question why the Chinese anonymously donated $54M to the UPenn, where Biden kept an office intil 2020, yet again you see the endless connections between Biden(s) and China.

This warrants serious investigation and likely will be pursued by congress. I take this to be just another "sign" that the decision makers want to exit Biden, as he's not wanted bt his own party. It strikes me as odd that CNN is even covering Biden's latest suspicious actions.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/09/54m-in-chinese-gifts-donated-to-upenn-home-of-biden-center/

All at a time when Biden held no public office.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dotcalm said:

Oh, but / and it begs the question why the Chinese anonymously donated $54M to the UPenn, where Biden kept an office there until 2020, yet again you see the endless connections between Biden(s) and China.

This warrants serious investigation and likely will be pursued by congress. I take this to be just another "sign" that the decision makers want to exit Biden, as he's not wanted by his own party. It strikes me as odd that CNN is even covering Biden's latest news of his suspicious actions instead of running cover for him. Maybe Biden will be done soon.

https://nypost.com/202/04/09/54m-in-chinese-gifts-donated-to-upenn-home-of-biden-center/

It doesn’t beg the question at all.