Classified documents from Biden’s time as VP discovered in private office

Scott

8 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Wow this just keeps getting worse and worse for him. I suspect a raid on all his residences will be imminent. 

Yes i want that, but I would like to see him be served a subpoena to come before a congressional committee  ! 
I would love to see the  right grow radical, if he trys to use executive privilege and not show up .

Mc has the power to arrest anybody who ignores a subpoena.

I believe the new house is taking bidens top secret doc scandal into oversight !

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/10/politics/gop-investigations-new-congress/index.html

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-can-congress-arrest-you-for-ignoring-subpoena/65-de8e6d10-2051-4d3e-9f75-f475a7c199b5

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

Yes i want that, but I would like to see him be served a subpoena to come before a congressional committee  ! 
I would love to see the  right grow radical, if he trys to use executive privilege and not show up .

I believe the new house is taking bidens top secret doc scandal into oversight !

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/10/politics/gop-investigations-new-congress/index.html

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-can-congress-arrest-you-for-ignoring-subpoena/65-de8e6d10-2051-4d3e-9f75-f475a7c199b5

He won't use his power of arrest any more than Pelosi did. The FBI and DoJ will simply not comply and nor will anyone in the White House. Biden will do a Trump and claim executive privilege.

9 hours ago, Credo said:

He never got caught.  He had the documents returned.  No police, no FBI.  His attorneys saw them and called the WH; the WH advised they needed to be turned over to the NA.  They called the NA who retrieved them the next day.  Everything was turned over including obviously personal papers to the NA and they can sort it out and return what belongs to Biden.   

Everything was turned over? Also please remember Biden  was a VP than and he had no power to declassify any classified documents as only a President can do this.

• Love It 1

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

He won't use his power of arrest any more than Pelosi did. The FBI and DoJ will simply not comply and nor will anyone in the White House. Biden will do a Trump and claim executive privilege.

Your mistaken ,Garlands goons aren't in charge of arresting ,thats up to the House Sargent of Arms.But enough said  , going off topic.

https://www.house.gov/the-house-explained/officers-and-organizations/sergeant-at-arms#:~:text=As an elected officer of,the United States Capitol complex

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd be happy to see Biden gone but for Harris being next in line. Bad as he is I prefer him to her.

Yes Vp Harris is not the brightest bulb on the street, but she might slip -up and do a few good things for America without even knowing it.

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Your mistaken ,Garlands goons aren't in charge of arresting ,thats up to the House Sargent of Arms.But enough said  , going off topic.

https://www.house.gov/the-house-explained/officers-and-organizations/sergeant-at-arms#:~:text=As an elected officer of,the United States Capitol complex

You misunderstood my post. I am well aware that the House Sergeant of Arms issues the arrest warrant. It is issued at the authority of the speaker. Hence my statement that the speaker won't do it. The White House and FBI won't comply because it is a fishing expedition and because the House has no authority to arrest anyone in the Administration because it is a co-equal branch of government.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Everything was turned over? Also please remember Biden  was a VP than and he had no power to declassify any classified documents as only a President can do this.

This is the high water mark the difference ( biden had no power to declassify  top secret docs) . as you said!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, riclag said:

That's rich! Jim Jordan, the guy who refused to comply with subpoenas or to answer questions is now threatening others! ????

https://www.newsweek.com/ted-lieu-points-out-jim-jordan-ignored-subpoena-gop-threatens-more-1772127

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

It's not about declassifying, it's about officially having access to classified documents. I wonder who could have allowed the VP to access classified documents, hmmmm....

"President Biden has stated that taking classified documents from the White House is ‘irresponsible,'" Comer said in a statement. "Under the Biden Administration, the Department of Justice and National Archives have made compliance with the Presidential Records Act a top priority."

"We expect the same treatment for President Biden, who has apparently inappropriately maintained classified documents in an insecure setting for several years," Comer added.

What goes around comes around! 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-defend-biden-classified-documents-handling-call-outrage-republican-hypocrisy

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If that's your high watermark, who is claiming he did?

National Archives didn't even know they existed. That goes a long way to suggesting how secret they must (not) be. It'd be funny if Biden declassifies them to show how much of a nothing burger this is. I'll bet the House committee quietly dumps this anyway.

58 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

43 minutes ago, riclag said:

This is the high water mark the difference ( biden had no power to declassify  top secret docs) . as you said!

Why are you two obsessed with the power to declassify?  Has President Biden ever suggested he wanted the documents declassified?  Did Trump ever provide any proof he declassified the classified found in Mar-a-Lago?

Just to be clear, when I said this earlier, it’s not something I cut and pasted from a Trump supporter:

On 1/10/2023 at 7:42 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Good to see USAG acting decisively to investigate the matter.

If criminality is found, then indict.

The criminal holding, withholding or concealment of classified documents should always be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

If criminality is not found, make a clear unequivocal statement to that effect.

1 minute ago, vandeventer said:

Biden should be in a lot of hot water over this let's see what the AG  does. Also it's all about declassification.

Bird brain doesnt even know about these docs ! 
Gop must demand garland take a damage assessment!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Biden should be in a lot of hot water over this let's see what the AG  does. Also it's all about declassification.

Biden has questions to answer, and the investigation needs to determine the facts, only then will anyone be able to say whether or not Biden should be in a lot of hot water.

We know, by example, attempts were made over many months to retrieve classified documents from Trump, it’s only after months of his obstruction that the DOJ moved against him.

…….

What’s all this about ‘De-classification’ why have you inserted that into your response?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

You really need to catch up. Carrying out a damage assessment is standard procedure. What GOP wants is access to see it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, riclag said:

"President Biden has stated that taking classified documents from the White House is ‘irresponsible,'" Comer said in a statement. "Under the Biden Administration, the Department of Justice and National Archives have made compliance with the Presidential Records Act a top priority."

"We expect the same treatment for President Biden, who has apparently inappropriately maintained classified documents in an insecure setting for several years," Comer added.

What goes around comes around! 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-defend-biden-classified-documents-handling-call-outrage-republican-hypocrisy

This is not accurate. It is the GOP and Trump who have made it a top priority, by changing the law in 2018. Trump is actually being investigated by "the guy Donald Trump appointed for violating a law Donald Trump enacted".

Trump increased his current legal jeopardy by signing a 2018 law on handling classified documents

"a 2018 law Trump signed that elevated the unauthorized removal and retention of classified government documents to a felony, punishable by up to five years in prison."

https://theweek.com/donald-trump/1015830/trump-increased-his-current-legal-jeopardy-by-signing-a-2018-law-on-handling

PS As Biden retrieved the documents before 2018, the updated law may not apply to him (I let people more competent about law comment about it, if needed)

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, riclag said:

It isn't Garland's job to carry out a damage assessment. That would be the DNI.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3807376-gop-intelligence-chair-asks-for-damage-assessment-from-biden-records/

Edited by ozimoron

Well, I don't know what 'classified documents' Pres. Trump had at home or those (at that time) VP Biden had at the Penn. Biden office, it seems to me that 'classified documents' need greater supervision to keep them where they should be.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 4:28 PM, riclag said:

I have all the confidence in the world that the new house oversight committees will get to the bottom of disgraceful act of negligence!

Unfortunately,  Garland has his doj  investigating it!

"Under the Biden Administration, the Department of Justice and National Archives have made compliance with the Presidential Records Act a top priority," Comer said in a statement. "We expect the same treatment for President Biden, who has apparently inappropriately maintained classified documents in an insecure setting for several years." 
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-shamed-irresponsible-trump-classified-docs-before-wh-admitted-sensitive-vp-records

quote  "We expect the same treatment for President Biden, who has apparently inappropriately maintained classified documents in an insecure setting for several years."

It is that all purpose meaningless word again.

"Apparently"

Now for there to be anything in it

Firstly, the documents needed to be in a position for anybody to peruse them. They were locked in a secure cabinet.

Secondly, it has to be proven that President Biden had the sole authority and control over them. Not even asked or proven.

Thirdly, when they were found it was immediately reported to the National Archives office. It seem as though the documents were never reported as missing by anybody.

There were NO court orders to retrieve them, The DoJ nor the FBI, nor President Biden's lawyers were denying the existence of the documents at any time.

To comment from the many Trump supporters on this forum, it is a nothing burger

I am sure that the GOP, Trump et al will be so excited at having something on President Biden, it will turn out to be a big failure. A bit like President Biden's son's laptop.

A that seems to be missing from this scenario is proof.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

quote  "We expect the same treatment for President Biden, who has apparently inappropriately maintained classified documents in an insecure setting for several years."

It is that all purpose meaningless word again.

"Apparently"

Now for there to be anything in it

Firstly, the documents needed to be in a position for anybody to peruse them. They were locked in a secure cabinet.

Secondly, it has to be proven that President Biden had the sole authority and control over them. Not even asked or proven.

Thirdly, when they were found it was immediately reported to the National Archives office. It seem as though the documents were never reported as missing by anybody.

There were NO court orders to retrieve them, The DoJ nor the FBI, nor President Biden's lawyers were denying the existence of the documents at any time.

To comment from the many Trump supporters on this forum, it is a nothing burger

I am sure that the GOP, Trump et al will be so excited at having something on President Biden, it will turn out to be a big failure. A bit like President Biden's son's laptop.

A that seems to be missing from this scenario is proof.

There is no comparison trump willfully and illegally stole state secrets for what purpose is unknown at this time he compermised our National security and quite possibly caused the deaths of some of our allies he lied stole obstructed and is still trying to ferment the destruction of our democratic institutions and democracy it’s self.Joe Biden’s screw up is what it is a screw up quite possibly a staff member screw up it was and is unintentional and was delt with in the correct way.Now we can all see the republicans desperately trying to run their slander politics play book it’s all they got it’s impossible to change them they are to far gone imo we just need to vote them out 

• Like 2