Classified documents from Biden’s time as VP discovered in private office

Scott

5 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Surly impeachment comes soon? How much more will be found???

I don't recall Trump supporters being nearly this upset about the much larger stash of classified kept less securely at Mar-a-Lago.  You know, the stuff that Trump denied having, wouldn't return, suggested was planted, etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

I don't recall Trump supporters being nearly this upset about the much larger stash of classified kept less securely at Mar-a-Lago.  You know, the stuff that Trump denied having, wouldn't return, suggested was planted, etc.

Again Trump was a President, Biden was a VP, Trump can de classify the doc's Biden could not. It seems like Biden forgot he even had them. This is just starting to open up in a week we will know a lot more so sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hilarious attempt at changing history. The speculation was started by Trump with his wild speculative rants on Truth Social and media along with pure conspiracy theories. The cult followed his every word and amplified it. You reap what you sow when the same came back from some on the left. I would give you some examples but that would be off topic.

What are you on about? Post what you like, but your response has zero to do with mine.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

What are you on about? Post what you like, but your response has zero to do with mine.

I wasn't asking your permission to post..lol

Feel free to tell me why my post had nothing to do with yours because it directly addresses your point.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

The humor is there. The left cult was going crazy before with wild accusations and imaginary scenarios based on speculation regarding Trump. 

And now it's Biden's turn.

43 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hilarious attempt at changing history. The speculation was started by Trump with his wild speculative rants on Truth Social and media along with pure conspiracy theories. The cult followed his every word and amplified it. You reap what you sow when the same came back from some on the left. I would give you some examples but that would be off topic.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tug said:

There is no comparison trump willfully and illegally stole state secrets for what purpose is unknown at this time he compermised our National security and quite possibly caused the deaths of some of our allies he lied stole obstructed and is still trying to ferment the destruction of our democratic institutions and democracy it’s self.Joe Biden’s screw up is what it is a screw up quite possibly a staff member screw up it was and is unintentional and was delt with in the correct way.Now we can all see the republicans desperately trying to run their slander politics play book it’s all they got it’s impossible to change them they are to far gone imo we just need to vote them out 

Now, you may be right about fmr. Pres. Trump but I don't think it has be proven that he 'wilfully and illegally stole...'. I saw the video where Pres. Biden is on stage with other leaders and he denies being aware that such documents were in the office. So it needs to be confirmed as why the documents were in the first place, for whom they were there. I find his denial a bit difficult to understand since it was his VP office and surely such important documents would have required his notification.

Edited by TKDfella
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Now, you may be right about fmr. Pres. Trump but I don't think it has be proven that he 'wilfully and illegally stole...'. I saw the video where Pres. Biden is on stage with other leaders and he denies being aware that such documents were in the office. So it needs to be confirmed as why the documents were in the first place, for whom they were there. I find his denial a bit difficult to understand since it was his VP office and surely such important documents would have required his notification.

The mere fact of possession is not enough to qualify as a violation of the law. To qualify as a criminal violation the law says that the possession of the documents has to be in willful violation of the law. Given that Trump lied about being in possession of them makes for a very strong case in that regard. It is also a violation of the law to refuse to turn over the documents after being requested to do so. That would be another violation. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The mere fact of possession is not enough to qualify as a violation of the law. To qualify as a criminal violation the law says that the possession of the documents has to be in willful violation of the law. Given that Trump lied about being in possession of them makes for a very strong case in that regard. It is also a violation of the law to refuse to turn over the documents after being requested to do so. That would be another violation. 

I don't know what the US law states but that is not my point. 'Tug' wrote categorically that fmr. Pres. Trump '...stole...' etc. and I think we on this forum should be cautious about making such statements about anyone, let alone Presidents of the US. As a side note, I understand that another batch of classified documents have been found in PennBiden Office. Seems to me that the US system recording to whom and where such important documents are, is in need of a complete overhaul. How long have these documents been in place without supervision? If there was supervision why were they not declared at the time when (then) VP Biden vacated the office?

Edited by TKDfella
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TKDfella said:

I don't what the US law states and that is not my point. 'Tug' wrote categorically that fmr. Pres. Trump '...stole...' etc. and I think we on this forum should be cautious about making such statements about anyone, let alone Presidents of the US. As a side note, I understand that another batch of classified documents have been found in PennBiden Office. Seems to me that the US system recording to whom and where such important documents are, is in need of a complete overhaul. How long have these documents been in place without supervision? If there was supervision why were they not declared at the time when (then) VP Biden vacated the office?

I don't what the US law states and that is not my point. 'Tug' wrote categorically that fmr. Pres. Trump '...stole...' etc. and I think we on this forum should be cautious about making such statements about anyone, let alone Presidents of the US.

Trump’s Stolen Documents Had Classified Info on China and Iran

It seems extremely clear that Donald Trump violated several laws by spiriting government documents out of the White House to Mar-a-Lago and refusing to give them back. 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/10/trumps-stolen-documents-had-classified-info-on-china-iran.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

History will prove you wrong, Trump will go down as one of Americas Greatest Presidents and Biden will be far behind Carter.

History will have the distinction to record Trump as twice impeached and soon to be arrested and charged for several criminal offenses since President Ulysses in 1872. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

History will have the distinction to record Trump as twice impeached and soon to be arrested and charged for several criminal offenses since President Ulysses in 1872. 

Ah yes.

"The walls are closing in".

"It's the beginning of the end for Trump".

"Another bombshell revelation". 

I think I have been hearing this tune being played since 2016...

As for Biden, at best this episode shows that his mental facilities have been deteriorating for longer than many people suspect, certainly from before he was elected President. Yet somehow he can cling to office, perhaps due to his clever choice of VP- a person so obviously over her head and incompetent that even the most hardened Trumpers would blanch at the thought of her holding the Presidency.

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

We're not a court of law here. And the evidence is overwhelming that Trump took those documents after having been advised by legal counsel not to. Then after he returned some (after protracted negotiations) he denied having any more. When Justice Dept reps showed up at Mar a Lago his attorneys denied them access to boxes said to contain these documents. When eventually they served a warrant, not only did they find documents in in those boxes they even found some of these documents in his bedroom. I think that's a very strong prima facie case for saying he stole them.

Next up, why did he steel them?!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Tells me all I need to know that you ignore the salient facts in the post...the apparent mishandling of classified government documents on at least two occasions at two different places by Joseph Robinette Biden Jr., and if Attorney General Merrick Garland will appoint a special prosecutor to investigate any criminal wrongdoing therein.

Which facts? Biden gave back two times documents he found.

Edited by candide
  • Thumbs Up 1