"Need to stay 3 days in Malaysia" scam

1 minute ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Buy the elite visa, teach perhaps or move on. This isn't twenty years ago - it's practically 2025. Anyone in their 40s and attempting to live here by chance gets exactly what they deserve.

Obtain a METV equals 9 months and spend 3 months elsewhere in Asia

2 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Seriously, wake up. The hassles have been firmly in place for well over 15 years.

For the last 15 years folk have been living in Thailand majority of time on various make shift options including the nonsense ones such as ED visas (in some cases) 

Indeed wake up....read daily threads. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Curious if OP was on a tour or in some runner group especially if largish.

Was doing independent runners up to about 2009 and Malaysia many times. Always have the option of returning within minutes or heading on to Penang.

In Cambodia no problems back then. At those tiny little border crossings there was nowhere to stay and no roads to go inland into Cambodia so them trying to pull that stunt would be impossible at least back then.

Was doing border runs myself 2012/2013 Driving  down  to Sadao  get on motorcycle at the border, get driven to the Malaysian side border get to Imm office booth get stamped and then back At most 30 min than get back and drive home Hat Yai.

All together if in a hurry 2.5  to 3 Hrs.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

or the last 15 years folk have been living in Thailand majority of time on various make shift options including the nonsense ones such as ED visas (in some cases) 

Indeed wake up....read daily threads. 

Folk have been living in Thailand

Yes, and seems not a day I open this site and another half dozen hapless cries of woe, worry and confusion. I really don't see your point

Read the dailies

I can barely stomach the woke, gay vibe now visiting as infrequently as I do. Some of us don't live our lives for TV nor aspire to have 60b hr jobs modding the board.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

ED visas (in some cases) 

I didn't mention these although you took the opportunity to point it out.

I didn't mention this class of visa because with all of the problems with the Chinese I expect this opportunity to be well shuttered. It's always been an extremely sketchy Visa and no one's done the least bit of studying on it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Has nothing to do with Thailand, if you have money, everyone wants it.

Even in your own country. A fact of life.

I don't need visas, health insurance, there is no corruption etc. in my own country. A fact of life

• Haha 1

FWIW, I had a hard time crossing into Thailand at the Sadao border crossing 2 weeks ago. It was my 4th visa exemption entry of the year (no extensions) and I had just spent 5 nights in Malaysia. I was finally let in after explaining I plan to apply for a Non O based on Retirement when I turn 50 in 3 months. 

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, dastott said:

FWIW, I had a hard time crossing into Thailand at the Sadao border crossing 2 weeks ago. It was my 4th visa exemption entry of the year (no extensions) and I had just spent 5 nights in Malaysia. I was finally let in after explaining I plan to apply for a Non O based on Retirement when I turn 50 in 3 months. 

I'm very curious to know where you could make your

first 3 visa-exempt entries last year (at airports or

at border crossings).

I made my 2nd visa-exempt entry back into Thailand

via Padang Besar last month, when I wasn't even

asked by the IO to show an onward ticket out of

Thailand or 20kB in cash.

Edited by Saigon

22 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

When they put a "refused entry" stamp in your passport, the stamp contains a particular reason, like "insufficient funds" etc. They cannot arbitrarily refuse entry for no reason. Or they can (and do) if they falsify the evidence and cite a false reason. Which is a crime, mind you.

when they didn't ask you to show the money, they can still claim lack of evidence...  what're you gonna do? take them to court? report them to their superiors? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saigon said:

I'm very curious to know where you could make your

first 3 visa-exempt entries last year (at airports or

at border crossings).

I made my 2nd visa-exempt entry back into Thailand

via Padang Besar last month, when I wasn't even

asked by the IO to show an onward ticket out of

Thailand or 20kB in cash.

I made 3 entries by air prior to that. Phuket in March, DMK in September and BKK in November. I was in a mini van from Penang to Hat Yai after enjoying 5 nights in Penang. Was a bit anxious the van would leave with my belongings in it.

3 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

I don't need visas, health insurance, there is no corruption etc. in my own country. A fact of life

There isn’t a country on the planet that doesn’t have some degree of corruption, unless of course you live in a state of delusion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2023 at 4:01 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

And I saw with my own eyes stacks of passports being stamped at the border down south, while the owners probably were at the time in Pattaya or Patong...

I remember that process. They put a stop to it in about 2006.

So did you pay up or stay in la la land? Should’ve tried to knock them down to a grand. Last time I bounced Malay borders (legit multi O) was around 2015 and had issues then, with them first saying it wasn’t legit, then having to get the 20k + massive line etc. Understand certain categories struggle with visa options but having to rely on bouncing land borders is asking for it nowadays. Forget that it may not be written in law (albeit seem to remember an unenforced requirement back in the day), unless you have the gift of the gab and powerful ‘friends’ on tap, the law is what the guy with your passport in his hand says it is.  

On 1/11/2023 at 6:02 PM, Shop mak said:

Boring as F   from my memory

There's enough to do in MAS. Sure, if having no bars, girls or alcohol is boring to you, then by all means, don't visit Malaysia. But for people who value a modern, organized country, that is rich in culture (Islamic and Chinese), where people speak excellent English and locals aren't spoilt by tourism, Malaysia is avgreat choice for a holiday destination or to live in.

On 1/11/2023 at 5:43 PM, dastott said:

I made 3 entries by air prior to that. Phuket in March, DMK in September and BKK in November. I was in a mini van from Penang to Hat Yai after enjoying 5 nights in Penang. Was a bit anxious the van would leave with my belongings in it.

Thanks very much for the details!

Yes, I'd always enjoy the food in Penang, Indian

and Chinese!

Edited by Saigon

On 1/10/2023 at 4:52 AM, JoseThailand said:

It wouldn't matter if there was a law saying that I must stay there 3 days. But I don't like to be told where to stay by some corrupt crooks making up their own rules to extort money from people.

You should tell them that exactly next time - I'm sure they'll give you some special attention and free accommodation and you won't even need to do those pesky 90-day reports as they'll know exactly where you are. ????