"Need to stay 3 days in Malaysia" scam

2 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Curious if OP was on a tour or in some runner group especially if largish.

Was doing runners up to about 2009 and Malaysia many times. Always have the option of returning within minutes or heading on to Penang

Of course I'm talking about independent border crossing, without a group. If you are with a border run group, everything is included in the price.

31 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

And I saw with my own eyes stacks of passports being stamped at the border down south, while the owners probably were at the time in Pattaya or Patong...

Are you still talking about 20 years ago, or last week?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

There is sure no Thai law saying that you need to stay in Malaysia 3 days before you can come back to Thailand.

Thanks for the heads up, I guessed Cambodia was really the only big scam.   HOWEVER, I disagree with you here......IF they say you can't come in, then that is the law.  For all practical purposes, it is the law to you.   Are you going to fight them or make things difficult or quote them the "real" law, they don't care.  Not sure how to get around this one........make problems for them, they will make problems for you.   

welcome to the lawless world of "your life is worth 500 baht, enjoy your stay" LOS.  lol.   or should I say SOL.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Or even cheaper if you got proper visa so you don't have to run around trying to game the system.

Why? If I got a Thailand visa in Malaysia, would I be exempted of the 3-day "rule"? (But, yes, I'd probably need 3 days to get it.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much

41 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

I love these "proper visa" remarks! To which I answer, the tourist visa is proper for me now, as I don't work, study, marry, or retire in Thailand.

Then as a "tourist" it shouldn't really matter what country you stay in for 3 days????