"Hoodlums in Shorts" - latest inter school violence south east of Bangkok

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: Hoodlums in shorts

Daily News referred to a recurring theme in their reports yesterday - inter school fighting.

They called the participants hoodlums or gangsters in shorts.

Locals in Phraeksa Road in the Bang Plee area of Samut Prakan contacted the press with video evidence.

A collision between motorcycles was deliberately caused.

Students in M2, the second year of secondary education, went for each other with belts and helmets.

One innocent member of the public suffered damage to their vehicle in the incident on Tuesday after school.

The students came from well known schools in the Pak Nam area of the province that lies to the south east of Bangkok. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Just kids letting off a bit of steam.

We did the same down the beach at Southend every summer. Chasing the Mods.

As a squaddy I was chased through Southend once by greasers ... I got away fortunately or it'd've been pretty unpleasant. Similar happened in Canterbury of all places but there was more fighting involved that time. Squaddies and local youth can be a serious problem in barrack towns.

But still ... 'rival' schools? There was a bit o' that where I come from in the north east, but nothing like what goes on in LOS, which sometimes even  sees people maimed or killed, explosives thrown and traffic obstructed. Crazy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BusyB said:

As a squaddy I was chased through Southend once by greasers ... I got away fortunately or it'd've been pretty unpleasant. Similar happened in Canterbury of all places but there was more fighting involved that time. Squaddies and local youth can be a serious problem in barrack towns.

But still ... 'rival' schools? There was a bit o' that where I come from in the north east, but nothing like what goes on in LOS, which sometimes even  sees people maimed or killed, explosives thrown and traffic obstructed. Crazy.

I was grease when it all started, but in the early days I never had a bike.

Usually a long-weekend thing. Me and me mate John slept in 'Never Never' land, away from the beach.. Unless we pulled a bird. But that was hard going when yer didn't have yer own transport. Done much better with the ladies when I got me first Cortina a couple of years later.

Me footy mate Colin, got nicked and banged up overnight in Southend once. We were p!ssed up and he slumped against a parked car. Next thing he was in the 'meat wagon'. They threatened to do  him with trying to steal a motor. But he was done at court for being drunk and disorderly. Fiver fine if I remember. Southend peelers were horrid.

16 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I was grease when it all started, but in the early days I never had a bike.

Usually a long-weekend thing. Me and me mate John slept in 'Never Never' land, away from the beach.. Unless we pulled a bird. But that was hard going when yer didn't have yer own transport. Done much better with the ladies when I got me first Cortina a couple of years later.

Me footy mate Colin, got nicked and banged up overnight in Southend once. We were p!ssed up and he slumped against a parked car. Next thing he was in the 'meat wagon'. They threatened to do  him with trying to steal a motor. But he was done at court for being drunk and disorderly. Fiver fine if I remember. Southend peelers were horrid.

They were corrupt and had an agenda against a community of lesbians who lived there ... I know it from another incident in Southend, but that's another story ...

18 minutes ago, BusyB said:

They were corrupt and had an agenda against a community of lesbians who lived there ... I know it from another incident in Southend, but that's another story ...

What!!?? There were lesbians way back then?

• Haha 1