Australian Woman Runs Over and Kills Street Painter in Pattaya

snoop1130

28 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

oh god. So you've never ever done it ?

No , my phone is always in a bag , if I’m doing something and my phone rings I can wait , never liked phones even when I was in business. I would rather speak to someone in person 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Of course, he hasn't, he's a Thaivisa westerner, the personification of perfection in all things.

Thank you , one person who knows me ,    Also I’ve never run over someone and killed them.  If I had I would deserve a prison sentence, sorry is not enough

3 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

My Mrs accelerates when approaching traffic lights which are green, any experienced motorist knows that you should, instead, be 'easing off' if the lights have been green for some time. Would certainly help reduce my blood pressure!

Do you get the constant comments on what dick heads other drivers are?- why they do like that, bloody idiot him, where he going, bar lor, why park there etc etc, does my head in, even with ear plugs!

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

On the ring road yesterday, a road where traffic always runs at 90+, go down the underpass, up the other side and there at the top of the brow, just out of view until the very last second is a set of cones, one or two meters beyond that are workmen cutting trees and cleaning up their mess. Impossible for drivers to see in advance or to react in time, unless the next lane is open and they can swerve....who to blame if they get hit, certainly not the drivers yet that's where responsibility will rest.

The same happens with the Police Check-points.... Sometimes just around the corner or over the blind brown of a hill... Any queueing traffic is at serious risk of getting ‘rear-ended’.... 

There is very clearly a complete and total absence of consequence here...  people just do what they want without any thought to the danger or risk they may place themselves or others at....  thinking from the perspective of someone else is simply not a concept.

In this case - Did the painter think... 'I’m at danger here ?’....   

It must have crossed their mind because there was the guy ‘watching out’... 

So did the guy watching out, think.... ‘IF I go to the bathroom, I’ll leave the painter alone and he’ll be in danger?’.....  of course not... neither of the workers thought - but this is Thailand and this is where Thailand fails. Workers all over the world tend to ignore their own safety, it is down to the supervisors and management to regulate and enforce a safety culture - this happens far less in Thailand than our home countries regardless of how many ’safety first’ signs we see around... 

That said: The driver of the car is still 100% at fault... How can she not see a person in the middle of her path ?.... it could have been a child. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deerculler said:

Great to see the judges, jury and executioner's out in force again.

All who were a witness to the accident.

Seems you are on the wrong web-page... This is a discussion forum. 

IF you want the news, go to https://www.nationthailand.com

There was a video....    Do you lack critical ability to draw an opinion ?

• Like 1

I have a 2.5 ton Ford Raptor and accidentally ran over a soi dog from a pack that didn’t all move when I tooted at them. The dog was medium

sized and I still felt it. It would not be possible to run someone over in a car and not know you had done it. No drug or alcohol test done? How crooked and remiss. Then again road sense and road safety are way down the list in a country where OH & S are basically non existent 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

A witch hat at the entrance would have stopped this, but 99.99% of times, you could take out a worker anywhere, as I have almost on many occasions, due to their lack of work safety, someone should really teach these guys about work safety and have supervisors checking that they do follow policy, that said, my guess is companies who employ these workers aren't up for the big payouts if their workers get killed, so really don't care.

A valid point....  I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve seen road workers on the right handside of a three lane city street (i.e. Sukhumvit, Rama IV, Petchaburi Rd etc)... with their back to traffic oblivious or careless of approaching traffic which has to brake or swerve..... Someone on their phone and thats it... 

Frankly I’m surprised we do not read of more injuries to road workers. 

Conversely, in the UK the road itself is closed for weeks with KM’s of cones while two days work is carried out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It is so easy to condemn the woman.

But the poor man should not have been there without any safety measures at that time when it happened. This was asking for problems.

The lady came around the corner, maybe looking at the sides for possible obstructions, one second not looking right in front of her, the man not visible because he was working from a very low position and possibly the hood was already blocking the view.

He should not have been there. 

Blame him and the lack of safety measures! 

16 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Watching the CCTV shown on the news it appears she was distracted by the raising barrier and didn’t see the guy crouched almost underneath it.

But , yes, seems hard to believe she wasn’t aware that she was driving over a body.

Quite harrowing to see the guy writhing in agony from under her car until he died shortly after.

I definately do not need to see any footage of this terrible accident.

• Like 1

My Mrs is an experienced driver having driven taxis in Bangkok for a couple of years. But riding as a front seat passenger with her I am amazed at her peripheral vision,she sees,green bananas,fresh coconut, som Tum and many other roadside offerings whilst managing to steer clear of collisions in traffic. While I am at the wheel,STOP Avacados,too late now we have passed. I did not see what she noticed, this will be first of many "alarms" during this adventure 

• Thanks 1

he really should have had some form of safety warning; cones or a watcher

the driver was probably looking at the barrier and missed him as he was low down. however, she was not moving quickly and could surely have stopped at the initial impact, injuring him probably, but to continue driving is obviously going to cause him more injury, so... why not stop?

36 minutes ago, Jack Cook said:

I have a 2.5 ton Ford Raptor and accidentally ran over a soi dog from a pack that didn’t all move when I tooted at them. The dog was medium

sized and I still felt it. It would not be possible to run someone over in a car and not know you had done it. No drug or alcohol test done? How crooked and remiss. Then again road sense and road safety are way down the list in a country where OH & S are basically non existent 

Get that Raptor down to the temple to be blessed and good karma will return!

46 minutes ago, Jack Cook said:

You experienced the dog going under your wheels,this was not the case for this woman,any bump she might have felt would be her wheels going over the speed bump which she did on every occasion she arrived at this point

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Lock her up!

Maybe she didn't see the painter. But driving a car over someone and not noticing it is basically impossible unless she was drunk, drugged, or something like that.

Any normal driver who drives against a big "obstacle" would brake right away. She didn't. Guilty. 

And yes, there should have been a sign or someone looking after the painter, but that doesn't change anything from my comment above.

So shoe on the other foot if it had happened to a Falang then what I’ll tell you ya doosh a quick wai and sorry off they go he should of had barriers set back from him where he was working nuff said ????????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeffriesbkk said:

Its going to be an expensive start to 2023 for this woman.

It doesnt matter if there were no safety cones or barriers in place. Farang pays unless she flees over the border.

It's nothing to do with being a farang, that is just more ThaiVisa nonsense.

You did read that she ran someone over, killing them, then seemingly carried on as if nothing had happened, right?

27 minutes ago, Cricky said:

You're a newbie.

Sadly, Lots of Thai haters here.

A quick wai from her yea just as if a thai accidentally kills a pesky Falang he didn’t take any precautions or safe working regs <deleted> happens lad ????

2 minutes ago, Screaming said:

Very sad indeed but the painting area should have been cordoned off to prevent this accident. Another example of very poor Thai workmanship.

Absolutely always play it safe he did a silly thing not safeguarding himself ah well Mai pen rai ????

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Of course, he hasn't, he's a Thaivisa westerner, the personification of perfection in all things.

To be fair, we both know there are 2 kinds of people on this planet, She was partly correct.

If the West didn't have very harsh laws against hit and run this stuff would be happening back home too. Already when Farang comes to Thailand they pick up the worst local habits because they can.

• Thanks 1