Where to buy an unlocked 4g router, with both wifi and ethernet outlet?

Maud

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It was this one. It didn't need any third-party activation like some resellers offer. DTAC's online self-activation didn't work for me (face picture unacceptable) so I popped into the local DTAC store and they did it in less than a minute.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i2890010883-s10552775890.html

dtacsim.jpg.a2800e88d934629fc08c48dfb552d579.jpg

Before I go down that speed test rabbit hole, let me know what specific broadband speed tests you recommend.

An earlier thread by @Mickeymaus where he did extensive speed testing on AIS and DTAC data SIMS had a bit of a heated debate due to not all speed tests being the same.

For now, I have had no connectivity issues whatsoever with Netflix or BBC iPlayer (via VPN). I tend to fire up the tests when things start to buffer and crash.

https://testmy.net

On 1/13/2023 at 1:39 PM, Eddie45 said:

I am also looking for a router but wanted to go for a 5G. In the links I couldnt find any 5G Portable routers. Is it a case of waiting a while for a 5G router.

A lot of talk in this thread about unlimited data sims at 10,20, or 30 Mbps. UNLESS you have a plan that gives you maximum data speed (and all the data you need at that speed), then the extra speed of a 5G router is wasted and a 4G router is still never going to be used at it's fastest. We are talking about cellular 5G here and not 5GHZ WiFi.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

A lot of talk in this thread about unlimited data sims at 10,20, or 30 Mbps. UNLESS you have a plan that gives you maximum data speed (and all the data you need at that speed), then the extra speed of a 5G router is wasted and a 4G router is still never going to be used at it's fastest. We are talking about cellular 5G here and not 5GHZ WiFi.

What’s your point? He didn’t ask about capped speed plans. He asked about a 5G router. He can pair it with an unlimited 5G plan for 1199 baht per month. Up to him. 

45 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

A lot are not expensive. Get out of the house and go and see what is available. It is the best way to get what you want.

Why 'get out of the house' when I have 1Gb/s broadband into my home, in the jungle, for just Bht 750 per month, and can search without polluting the atmosphere with carbon exhaust. 

5 hours ago, NextG said:

What’s your point? He didn’t ask about capped speed plans. He asked about a 5G router. He can pair it with an unlimited 5G plan for 1199 baht per month. Up to him. 

Is he not in range of a wired internet supply I wonder?

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought this in November last year and used in Bangkok. Internet speed is really good. It is even sufficient for use with TV set-top box.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i306548374-s533342479.html

The package above include a 4G LTE router and an AIS sim card with Net Marathon plan of 100GB/month for 1st 12 months (ie. 1st year).  So, for the 1st year, what I pay is THB2,488. Subsequently, only need to top up the AIS sim card (so far as I remember, to renew another 12 months for the same plan, THB1,790).

Further, the router is unlocked.  So, if you want to switch to DTAC, free to do so.

Edited by jcheung
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 8:16 AM, jcheung said:

I have bought this in November last year and used in Bangkok. Internet speed is really good. It is even sufficient for use with TV set-top box.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i306548374-s533342479.html

The package above include a 4G LTE router and an AIS sim card with Net Marathon plan of 100GB/month for 1st 12 months (ie. 1st year).  So, for the 1st year, what I pay is THB2,488. Subsequently, only need to top up the AIS sim card (so far as I remember, to renew another 12 months for the same plan, THB1,790).

Further, the router is unlocked.  So, if you want to switch to DTAC, free to do so.

As you likely read further up the thread, we're happily sort now, thanks, but thanks for responding anyway.