Prawit vows return Palang Pracharath party to power in General Election

snoop1130

000_32JN6HE.jpg

DPM Prawit Wongsuwan / AFP

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan has vowed to lead the Palang Pracharath Party into the next election, to become the core party in the formation of the next government.

He also admitted for the first time, in his revealing letter publicly released on Friday, that he did not have the words to explain his feelings when Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha formally announced, on January 9th, his decision to leave Palang Pracharath to join the United Thai Nation (Ruam Thai Sang Chart) Party.

DPM Prawit, also leader of the Palang Pracharath Party, said that the relationship between him, PM Prayut and Interior Minister Anupong Paochinda remains unchanged, adding that he wishes Prayut success in his future political career.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/prawit-vows-return-palang-pracharath-party-to-power-in-general-election/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-01-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prawit Wongsuwan has vowed to lead the Palang Pracharath Party into the next election

Isn’t too old for this guy?

Time is gold for this sleeping “Beauty”.. good luck with that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

With any luck, they’ll be reunited in a jail cell once democracy is restored.

Oh dear. Quite the instilled delusion on both counts, usually deployed by those who don't know how things traditionally work here or have little knowledge of contemporary Thai history. 

Neither will see time behind bars nor any such truer democratic form to be "restored" - as it was never stored to begin with. 

Restored. Indeed. 

12 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Isn’t too old for this guy?

Time is gold for this sleeping “Beauty”.. good luck with that.

I am 78 and he is 77.

I quit working on my 65th birthday and retired.

That is what he and all the other dinosaurs should have done.

https://www.mazars.co.th/Home/Insights/Doing-Business-in-Thailand/Legal/Retirement-and-early-retirement

Under Thai Labour Protection Act, employers can force their employees to retire at the age set out in work regulations, internal policies, or employment agreements. However, if a retirement age is not stipulated anywhere, the statutory retirement age is 60, and the employee must inform the employer of his intention to retire. The employee’s retirement will become effective 30 days after the date on which the employee informs his employer.

I bolded and underlined one part to make it stand out a bit.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Oh dear. Quite the instilled delusion on both counts, usually deployed by those who don't know how things traditionally work here or have little knowledge of contemporary Thai history. 

Neither will see time behind bars nor any such truer democratic form to be "restored" - as it was never stored to begin with. 

Restored. Indeed. 

You are correct, change is impossible and has never yet once occurred in human history - tomorrow will be exactly the same as today, the 1997 constitution was mistakenly named “the people’s constitution” due to the high level of public involvement in its drafting and the democratic nature of its articles, Saddam Hussein and Myanmar Gaddafi remain firmly ensconced in their palaces, Thai demographics are not undergoing a profound realignment, social media does not allow the masses to circumvent censorship and coordinate their efforts, Thaksin has been utterly routed to the point where he is all but forgotten and imparts zero influence on the political scene and Prayuth and his cohorts have performed so spectacularly the they have garnered the love and admiration of the Thai people on a level yet to be matched by any regime since the dawn of time.

You my friend are wise beyond all measure.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I am 78 and he is 77.

https://www.mazars.co.th/Home/Insights/Doing-Business-in-Thailand/Legal/Retirement-and-early-retirement

Under Thai Labour Protection Act, employers can force their employees to retire at the age set out in work regulations, internal policies, or employment agreements. However, if a retirement age is not stipulated anywhere, the statutory retirement age is 60, and the employee must inform the employer of his intention to retire. The employee’s retirement will become effective 30 days after the date on which the employee informs his employer.

Don’t Forget Life expectancy in Th????

F852150B-8E5F-4079-80E1-61E581A19514.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am 78 and he is 77.

I am 75 and also retired at 65

23 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Until it happened, nobody thought the Berlin Wall would ever come down.

When change comes, it will come in a rush.

Correct, recall the French revolution and more recently the Polish overthrow of their own government.