Health Benefits of a day on a beach in Thailand .

Social Media

This is more of a guy ga-ga in love with Thailand than a guy advocating chakra nonsense. 

I agree. I feel a million percent better having moved to Chiang Mai.

I'm not much a beach person, but if you are, you're getting a Hawaiian-level experience for Motel 6 money back in the states. I can see why he's claiming unverifiable white blood cell increases.

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Depends what beach.. some it's best to stay away from the water for sure.

OK, you made me actually look at the vid.   Holy Buddha, he's at Ko Chang, location of the 'most' disgusting beach I've ever been at.

... nuff said

TH does have some 'world class' ? beaches, but chang, samui, tao, are not them, which at that point, I stopped watching.

Timing is everything, and hope my visit there was a 1 off, but I'd never return to find out.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

OK, you made me actually look at the vid.   Holy Buddha, he's at Ko Chang, location of the 'most' disgusting beach I've ever been at.

... nuff said

TH does have some 'world class' ? beaches, but chang, samui, tao, are them, which at that point, I stopped watching.

Timing is everything, and hope my visit there was a 1 off, but I'd never return to find out.

Seasons bring trash to the beaches each year. Right now the beach on the eastern seaboard is soo nice where I am, but at other times of year the tides change and it's littered with obscene amounts of trash.

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Seasons bring trash to the beaches each year. Right now the beach on the eastern seaboard is soo nice where I am, but at other times of year the tides change and it's littered with obscene amounts of trash.

Wasn't trash, it was 'fecal' matter, and not microscopic.   I think their treatment plant, if having, overflowed, as it was rainy season I think, though not rain that week.

You could literally see it in the water, along with a lot of algae growth on the stand.  So I don't think it was a 1 day or week thing.  It was pretty gross.

And there was no algae bloom in the area.

Born in Miami (50s) way back then… stationed in Hawaii…  lived near Huntington Beach CA now living in Thailand 7+ years… All the places have unique beaches and different from each other… I’ve enjoyed them all… 

FEE78A5E-000A-4B5E-8A99-773BC2E5335B.jpeg

On 1/20/2023 at 11:31 AM, jerrymahoney said:

While in Isaan, if I want to get walking on the beach jollies, I just listen to this near my one time home:

I bought a machine that plays ocean sounds while I go to sleep. Shuts off after 1/2 hour.

Reminds me of going to sleep by a Thai beach.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:14 PM, KhunLA said:

... nuff said

TH does have some 'world class' ? beaches, but chang, samui, tao, are not them, which at that point, I stopped watching.

I was going to make a comment that at least they haven't chopped all the trees down to erect some ghastly concrete hotel, but then I saw that some <deleted><deleted><deleted> resort owner encroached the beach with their <deleted><deleted> building.

IMO people that do that should be sent to the worst jail in Thailand for 100 years.

I only went to Koh Chang once, and never again, as the beaches just weren't that good.

Lanta was way better, and been on better than that as well.

Gulf coast where there are no resorts is amazing.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 6:49 PM, DJ54 said:

Born in Miami (50s) way back then… stationed in Hawaii…  lived near Huntington Beach CA now living in Thailand 7+ years… All the places have unique beaches and different from each other… I’ve enjoyed them all… 

FEE78A5E-000A-4B5E-8A99-773BC2E5335B.jpeg

Agree, accept for that last part. 

Some only enjoyable from a distance, and some, I wouldn't dare swim in.  But most lovely to look at.  Deal breaker, swimming wise ... if I won't put my ears in the water.

Sadly, I rarely swim in the surf in TH.  Other countries, I went to the surf, specifically to swim in, and did.  How they are now, 25 yrs later is an unknown.

I think of Ko Chang as sort of Ko Phagnan for older people -a party beach where you can also be a little bit away from the party. I think of that as a good thing.

It's been a while, but back when I made it a point to go to every beach, I rated Ko Lanta as the nicest, most unspoiled one. Ko Lipe is up there too. Krabi etc. if you want the best mix of resort features and natural beaches. 

On 1/26/2023 at 8:31 PM, LaosLover said:

It's been a while, but back when I made it a point to go to every beach, I rated Ko Lanta as the nicest, most unspoiled one. Ko Lipe is up there too. Krabi etc. if you want the best mix of resort features and natural beaches. 

I tried to go to as many beaches as possible, but too many to actually do them all I visited up to three on each trip, but as only had 2 visits a year I was never going to see them all anyway.

My top beaches were Than Sadet, the main beach on Lanta ( forget name ), and Chaweng.

The most enjoyable was Haad Khom, as I went with my wife when times were happy.

The one I'd like to retire on is Than Sadet as hardly any people on it.