American arrested in Phuket over alleged “stock manipulation”

webfact

My first question would be has he been convicted of fraud in America and why was he let in Thailand?

Maybe not, if the Island tax haven allowed him to buy a passport. Some of America's most famous notorious crims have never been arrested nor spent a day behind bars, never will.

Criminal checks before any kind of Thai visa is issued desperately needed, but it is not going to be a perfect filter to keep these scammers at bay.

16 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Wow, those red notices work pretty good. I’m not sure the Red Bull guy TIT.

Well you should aware that Red on Red is not readable...maybe a blue notice fro the Red bull might work : )

21 hours ago, webfact said:

lawyer, who has previously represented Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, told CNBC in the United States that no party lost money in the fraud

This story is well- known,  and AFAIK it is not clear who - if anybody - was harmed and what was the purpose of the stock manipulation. 

https://english.elpais.com/economy-and-business/2022-09-28/the-little-restaurant-that-scammed-the-stock-market.html

The SEC alleges that the “Defendants have injured innocent investors who purchased the stock of Hometown International and E-Waste Corp. at artificially inflated prices,” although the SEC does not quantify the financial harm nor the number of investors deceived, which appears to be small, given the little activity in the company’s stock.

Edited by Lorry

13 hours ago, pomchop said:

I would like to see a major thai tv news station have one of those countdown clocks on their daily news broadcast showing how many days/weeks/months/years police have been "unable" to locate red bull and return him to stand trail for killing a cop while hyped up on coke.....then a second clock counting down when statute of limitations expires and he can return to thailand like nothing ever happened,  BUT somehow I don't think the powers that be would be much in favor of a daily reminder of the corruption and incompetence of the Thai legal and judicial system.

Maybe if the current dear generals get voted out and a taksin heir takes over ms taksin may tell the cops to go get him.....that would be fun to watch as i would bet the current judges that have hounded taksin for so many years are many of the same that see no reason to arrest a guy for killing a cop and fleeing.

You and all the others really need to let this go.  This is of no consequence to any of you, life is too short so  move on.   Or, is the constant outrage that some claim to feel, really just a form of virtue signalling, desperately trying to convince the rest of us that you would not do exctly the same if you were in his position ?