on Thursday 12 January for the first time

since March 2020. Do you know if foreigners

are allowed to travel through this land border

or if there is any other land crossing will also

reopen soon?

Thank you in advance!

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/myanmar/bridge-01132023145249.html

Edited by Saigon

In the past, Mae Sot has been one of the very best crossings for a border bounce. The border pass (if not changed) is US$10, and there were no hassles on either end of the bridge. For those who do not like overland travel, there is an airport walking distance from the border with Nok Air flights to Bangkok (fares very changeable).

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, kelboy said:

So happy to say everyone was wrong as I just did a border bounce at mae sot and the good news is still only 500tb.

Did you do the border bounce with a multiple entry visa or to receive a visa exempt entry?

Drove up to the Singkhon Border cross with Myanmar today (15km west of PKK) to do some shopping at the Border market.  A few folks who live around us used to do a border bounce there and shop as well, Yet, the border cross is still pretty much closed for all foreigners and the Border market reflects that, as only about 10% of it is up and running. Sad to see a once thriving and great market area destroyed by the border being closed for travel in and out. The only vehicle we saw coming in was a Thai Commercial truck with what might have been seafood loaded. We did buy a nice hand carved wooden eagle though at a very reasonable price.

Here is an older article that was updated with one sentence indicating the closure for foreigners is still in effect.

http://www.prachuap-khiri-khan.com/Myanmar-Thailand-border-Singhorn-Pass.php

Updated today the 5th.

But at the moment the border is still closed for Farangs.

When the border cross does open for tourism it is a great route over the hill to Mergui and the coast at Myeik.

received_5680549565403755.jpeg

received_1228745127767768.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Drove up to the Singkhon Border cross with Myanmar today (15km west of PKK) to do some shopping at the Border market.  A few folks who live around us used to do a border bounce there and shop as well, Yet, the border cross is still pretty much closed for all foreigners and the Border market reflects that, as only about 10% of it is up and running. Sad to see a once thriving and great market area destroyed by the border being closed for travel in and out. The only vehicle we saw coming in was a Thai Commercial truck with what might have been seafood loaded. We did buy a nice hand carved wooden eagle though at a very reasonable price.

Here is an older article that was updated with one sentence indicating the closure for foreigners is still in effect.

http://www.prachuap-khiri-khan.com/Myanmar-Thailand-border-Singhorn-Pass.php

Updated today the 5th.

But at the moment the border is still closed for Farangs.

When the border cross does open for tourism it is a great route over the hill to Mergui and the coast at Myeik.

received_5680549565403755.jpeg

received_1228745127767768.jpeg

The only border crossing open is mae sot Tak and yes falang can  cross, don't believe in all the negative posts. 

There is a high tech invention that has not yet become well known.

It is a very esoteric , hush hush device called a telephonic ( or something like that ) whereby you can remotely call the immigration check point and get the up to date lowdown on crossings at this point.

Sound like sci-fi fantasy to me but who knows...one day in the future might happen.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

It is a very esoteric , hush hush device called a telephonic ( or something like that ) whereby you can remotely call the immigration check point and get the up to date lowdown on crossings at this point.

Sound like sci-fi fantasy to me but who knows...one day in the future might happen.

Perhaps, you could share the suitable phone numbers to call at each border crossing for up to date information in English on the status of crossings for foreigners, and whether this includes those wanting visa exempt entries. Indeed, I think it would make a good sticky post. It is surprising that availability of such a simple solution has not before been well publicised.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Denim said:

Tried that last week and immigration told me to contact myanmar of witch I did but also a waste of time.So in the end I tried the old fashion way which worked, we can't all be clever clogs. 

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

I was there on a day trip from Chiang Rai last Monday (30th Jan) & it was still closed to foreigners… 

0114248B-ADF8-499A-885E-75DA83B01892.jpeg

E130B883-17C7-4F1B-897A-ED5A6D244079.jpeg

F803E67B-B1B1-4ACD-8DAF-1F0C454C4F64.jpeg

6E480BF9-BE92-4722-9178-09AE8B30744F.jpeg

CA729C36-3B75-4D2E-92BE-848CC6085BC4.jpeg

Are you sure you made a day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sot and not Mae Sai? If so, that must have been exhausting assuming you drove yourself with virtually no stops (leaving home around, perhaps, 3:00 am and getting back to Chiang Rai about 9:00 pm at night).

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Are you sure you made a day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sot and not Mae Sai? If so, that must have been exhausting assuming you drove yourself with virtually no stops (leaving home around, perhaps, 3:00 am and getting back to Chiang Rai about 9:00 pm at night).

It would be a 14 hour round trip by vehicle so it is a doable trip for someone. Last time I went through Mae Sot I was coming from Saraburi. Took 6 hours up, 1 hour through and back with a new 60 day stamp on my Non imm O Visa ME lunch, and then back to Saraburi by late evening.......day trip. Of course that was in 2017.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Thanks, you’re 100% correct it was Mae Sai (not Mae Sot) that we visited.

Hopefully I’ll get the right border crossing when we go from Udon Thani to Vientiane on Thursday ????

• Haha 1