Visa expiring soon but can't get passport back from agent

A well known and respected British Visa agent recently died In Pattaya after a long illness and his company now run by Thai staff has imploded . Im hoping its not that company .

If its not then make Police report about stolen Passport as advised , There are some excellent agents around but there are also Cowboys , both Thai and foreigner run

13 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

When I came here in 2010 i was not sure of the process for retirement extension so went to SIAM Legal.  Talked to people ther and got advice they told me what needed to be done and that as I lived in PT they could not help me unless i wanted to pay extra.  paid for their verbal assistance and did it al myself.  

Have since found Thaivisa and Ubonjoe and Jack and still do it myself quick easy and usually done in less than an hour.

Same here, last week retirement extension done in 20+ mins.

arrived at the bank (early) they open at 10:30, done there at around 11:10 (2 bank letters and new bank book). Had lunch did some shopping, was at IO at around 12:15 was told that they were eating lunch, got helped at 12:30 and was outside with new year extension, new 90 day report, new TM 30 well before 1pm. 

so bank letters took longer then IO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Same here, last week retirement extension done in 20+ mins.

arrived at the bank (early) they open at 10:30, done there at around 11:10 (2 bank letters and new bank book). Had lunch did some shopping, was at IO at around 12:15 was told that they were eating lunch, got helped at 12:30 and was outside with new year extension, new 90 day report, new TM 30 well before 1pm. 

so bank letters took longer then IO. 

Lovely I'm sure the OP will be delighted to hear this  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LoeiI said:

Lovely I'm sure the OP will be delighted to hear this  

The only reason I wrote that is that you don't need an agent to do extensions if you are legit. The OP has tried to play the system and unfortunately for him LOST.

I wonder if the extensions that people get through agents are properly recorded in the IO systems and if they will hold up under scrutiny.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 9:03 AM, MJCM said:

I wonder if the extensions that people get through agents are properly recorded in the IO systems and if they will hold up under scrutiny.

I think in many cases extensions via agents are perfectly legitimate. 

If one meets all the requirements for an extension, but does not want to go to immigration for what ever reason (one is sick, or has other issues) then one is in essence providing the agent 'power of attorney' to conduct the transaction on their behalf.

Myself?  I prefer to go to immigration myself, but as I have posted before, I have friends who think different from me, and they are more than happy to pay an agent to do (what they consider to be a hassle for) the leg work to obtain one's extension.  Their age is in the late 70s, money is not an issue for them, and they would rather not sit around immigration for 1 second.  .... Possibly it also depends on what immigration office one goes to ??  I have read some immigration offices are easier to deal with than others. 

Regardless - for certain some extensions via agents are 100% legal - but it does cost one more money (money I prefer to spend on meals and toys).

• Like 1

If the 90 Day reports are being approved, it is in the system.

The only reason I wrote that is that you don't need an agent to do extensions if you are legit. The OP has tried to play the system and unfortunately for him LOST.

Often from another province the passport holder does not live in, so not even obtained legally. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sadly reminds me of the young Belgium guy in Hua hin a few years back, who gave his passport to an 'accounting' firm and the lady refused to give back the passport to him and unfortunately it ended with him taking his own life and jumping off the roof of a hotel, he was only 31, tragic.

• Like 1