Dogs attack yet again: Neighbor's four Pit Bulls savage gran, 76

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported that a 76 year old grandmother called Thongphoon in Nong Yat sub-district was savaged by four Pit Bull dogs.

Her ear was almost ripped off in the attack.

She was on her way to see relatives in the Nong Yat community when she passed a house with the front gate ajar.

Witness Yuthaya, 54, said he heard screams and saw the lady on the ground desperately trying to get free.

Using a stick he managed to chase the dogs off then the owner of the Pit Bulls helped get the lady to Nakhon Phanom hospital where she is still recovering following Tuesday's attack.

She needed 20 stitches to her ear.

image.jpeg

Neighbors have CCTV evidence that they have given to police to prosecute the case.

They want the dogs moved out of the estate fearing it is only a matter of time before they strike again.

The owner has promised to pay full compensation to the victim. 

ASEAN NOW notes that attacks by Pit Bulls - a name that encompasses several breeds - are becoming a regular occurrence in Thailand with media reports of incidents coming almost every week.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

image.jpeg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Have they just used a random photo here? Because this dog doesn't even remotely resemble a PitBull. Looks like your average manky Thai soi dog.

image.png.213ab1bb31a08ec69492a4557e1aba08.png

Here's my Pitbull (a Red Nose American PitBull Terrier) for comparison. And yes, he's great with people. ????

image.png.46144549a1cc133ff3af626b672d7e5e.png

Absolutely you're right if pic with dog behind gate it's very good point bring up or just random photo of dog behind its owners gate ! coz certainly dont look like pit bull ???? lm know expert though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liddelljohn said:

No one should have pit bulls or other dangerous breeds , and the owner should be put down with the dogs , i killed  a pit bull in England in 1991 that started attcking kids in a playground , the owner   had let it off the leash inside the childrens play area  and  sat drinking beer , the kids were screaming and 2 were bitten , mums and dads were panicking the owner was laughing  I TOOK A FENCE POST THAT WAS LOOSE AND KILLED THE DOG , COPS ARRIVED AND ARRESTED OWNER. that was in portslade England

4 children had  serious bits and 3 parents  also savaged ,   My dogs are well behaved and docile and trained   , Bad owners are a major problem  , But some breeds are not necessary

good work. must have been stressful

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Strange that police crowd control dogs are never pitbulls, isn't it? Never seen pitbulls in the military either. Rather telling. 

Probably just  a little OTT and aggressive for police actions..... getting sued for loss of life or limb will prove expensive. Was impressed by the one Brad Pitt had in 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

To be honest, your dog looks loverly and I’m sure she/he is very well trained and beautifully natured because of the care and training you provide....

BUT... the issue is that these dogs need care and to be trained by someone knowledgable, attentive and who has the time and inclination to look after them properly. 

herein exists the primary issue... When the underlying instinct of an animal needs to be trained ‘out of it’ then there is great concern for those animals which are not in the ideal environment. 

I have always said the problem is with the owners, not the breed. 

You don't need to train human aggression out of them. They were bred to be non aggressive to humans. You do have to socialize them with other dogs, like many breeds.

We know nothing about these dogs in question. From the photo, they are not even PitBulls but this thread wouldn't have any posts unless PitBull was in the title. We know nothing about how they were raised or kept. Whether they were hit daily by the owner, kept in cages, not fed etc.

27 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You missed....

-Torture the dog (and the owner).

-Ban the breed, or anything that looks remotely like the breed.

-This happened to me in 1968 and I killed 6 PitBulls with my bare hands.

-I don't know anything about PitBulls, but that's definitely a PitBull.

-These things are bombs waiting to go off. 

-Most PitBulls are members leaders of Satanic cults.

-They flip for no reason.

-My friend told me that his Pitbull helped Gary Glitter escape the authorities.

-I've never owned or met one, but I know they are not to be trusted.

Oh, they're coming if given enough time.

I am sick to death of these dogs and the havoc they wreak.