ASUS no spares available ???

liddelljohn

Even Apple products have a similar problem.  I have a 2017 IPad Pro and it took several days to find a shop that had a replacement battery.  I went to a ICare location and they “no have battery for old model”.  I guess now a device is considered old in two or three years.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Even Apple products have a similar problem.  I have a 2017 IPad Pro and it took several days to find a shop that had a replacement battery.  I went to a ICare location and they “no have battery for old model”.  I guess now a device is considered old in two or three years.  

https://shopee.co.th/PINZHENG-10994mAh-Tablet-Battery-For-iPad-Pro-12.9-2-nd-Gen-A1670-A1671-A1754-A1821-(2017)-Replacement-Bateria-Battery-W-i.851445933.20944665982?sp_atk=56d64af1-dd00-4151-9e6c-becfb077647c&xptdk=56d64af1-dd00-4151-9e6c-becfb077647c

Here is an example from Shoppee. Not sure if it is the exact model. There are also plenty of aftermarket battery shops locally in Thailand that will have just the battery you need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Did you try to login to support page (with your Apple ID) on apple.com and schedule appointment at Apple Store Central World or Icon Siam?

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Did you try to login to support page (with your Apple ID) on apple.com and schedule appointment at Apple Store Central World or Icon Siam?

I live in Chiang Mai and found a local shop that replaced the battery for 3000 Baht.  So fa so good.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

My 3 year old  ASUS laptop has a faulty charging socket  which needs replacing  but no one has  available spares even ASUS authorised repair centre any ideas  ???

find out the name and number of the part you need and buy it online. Over a year ago I replaced the charging socket for a (long disconrtiued) Sony Vaio laptop. I found the part on lazada

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Apple are notorious for this. Slightest problem and their answer is buy a new computer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Apple are notorious for this. Slightest problem and their answer is buy a new computer.

Yes. I was advised I can always “buy new”.  This also happened many years ago at an Apple Store in Cerritos CA when I brought in my 1 year old Mac Air that was overheating.  The employee said “the repair might take a long time but you might be better off with a new Mac Air”.  Even then I thought wow this company wants everyone to buy a new device every year.  

I now have a Samsung Laptop and when my IPad dies I will be replacing it with a Samsung tablet.  

• Like 1