Awesome Pizza on Soi 11 Bangkok !

Social Media

Pizza is one food I crave when I visit Thailand for over 3 weeks.  I've learned to bring cheese n crackers, I enjoy a bag of lays at about 3 weeks.  I buy some cashews and chocolate to munch on.   Always disappointed with a beef burger and about half the fries are cold and soggy.  There are enough IPA's available now I don't feel despair as long as I find one every 2 lweeks. Shingha seems to be an ok beer to get me by. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

One always has to deduct for Hawaiian pizza. Pineapple is a perversion on pizza. Have you ever seen it in Italy? 

Well, sort of.

I hate pineapple on pizza but Italians tend to be prima donnas about their food in general. It's funny that Italian Americans lost that quirk and innovated.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elkski said:

Pizza is one food I crave when I visit Thailand for over 3 weeks.  ...

I didn't have pizza during my visit in Sept/Oct.  Someone bought me a slice of pizza when I went to Vietnam for a week.  Yuk!  I lived in New Jersey (USA) for many years, and there were real Italian Mom & Pop pizza joints all over the place.

I did find some Cheerios breakfast cereal (oat based) at Big C, so that and a banana was my farang breakfast.

Edited by Damrongsak

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why would anybody eat an American Pizza on Soi 11 when an excellent Italian Pizza is available in the same Soi just across the road? 

pizzeria-limoncello.jpg

Both pizzas in my opinion have very little cheese, your photo shows a better crispier crust, but would be a lot better with a good mozzarella & cheddar mix.

The thing most people don't understand about pizzas is that without a good quality cheese mix, your basically eating flour and whatever ingredients are on it, suffice to say the biggest cost in the pizza is the cheese which gives it body.

I tend to be a good critic of pizzas as I grew up working with Italians who had a very successful pizzeria which you'd literally have to book to get a table, packed 7 days a week, big family and lots of staff, still going to this day some 40 plus years later. 

• Haha 1

I'm an America.  I'm guessing by your accent, you might not be.

That is NOT a typical American pizza.   

Not even close.   

I've probably eaten pizza from about 30 different states in America.................and I've never seen an American pizza look like that.

I do consider myself an expert.

<conversation closed>                            haha

7 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

I'm an America.  I'm guessing by your accent, you might not be.

That is NOT a typical American pizza.   

Not even close.   

I've probably eaten pizza from about 30 different states in America.................and I've never seen an American pizza look like that.

I do consider myself an expert.

<conversation closed>                            haha

It looks Neopolitan. You can get Neopolitan pizzas many places in the US but they are not one of the typical American styles.

13 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Cheddar on an Italian pizza?  Ah.....NO. 

While I agree with most of your reply, Cheddar has a sharp taste, and mixed with Mozzarella it works perfect for us here, I would never suggest it to be used as a standalone cheese on pizza, it is best used in cheese blends, e.g. shredded cheddar and Mozzarella mix. This makes it one of the best cheeses for pizza in my opinion as cheddar retains it's moisture while baking, it's also smoother and creamier than sharp varieties.

But each to their own, it's like that old saying, oil's ain't oils, everyone has their own way of making pizza, there is no right or wrong, it's how your taste buds react to it.

Someone once said to me what are you on about, when I said you have to try tuna with salami on pizza with peppers, he went on to say, you've got to be crazy, i.e. until he tried one, best pizza he has ever had he said, his words.

????