Awesome Pizza on Soi 11 Bangkok !

Social Media

9 hours ago, madisongy said:

Great info......I'm bringing 8 big boxes of Cheerios for my upcoming 12 week stay.   Big C is my backup.  

Now that I think about it, it was Kelloggs corn flakes. Cheerios popped into my head because I've been eating them lately.

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2023 at 8:24 AM, KhunLA said:

I occasionally add a wee bit of cheddar to my 'pizza', when having on hand, as I did yesterday.  Damn tasty it was, 3 cheeses, w/bacon smoked ham in every bite.

image.png.28f07abda095643b39c95088680da211.png

That looks great for a home cooked pizza. What do you use for the base?

9 minutes ago, JayClay said:

That looks great for a home cooked pizza. What do you use for the base?

That was actually just 2 slices of homemade bread.   Toast it first, so bottom crisps up and (heated) sauce doesn't make top soggy, then simply melt the topping in the toaster over.  Damn tasty for what it is.  Already had saute'd mushrooms under the cheese.

Make my own pizza dough, which isn't much different than simple bread dough.  Only real difference is addition of olive oil, which I toast the bread with anyway.  Quick & easy pizza, since having all the ingredients handy.

Sadly, as good or better than what most restaurants put out.

image.png.5fb9b82d056c0d0cda47fa141cf56567.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

On 1/28/2023 at 9:25 PM, Damrongsak said:

Now that I think about it, it was Kelloggs corn flakes. Cheerios popped into my head because I've been eating them lately.

Kellogs have a factory in Rayong. Off my cornflakes box.

20230205_014452.jpg

Edited by champers
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 8:07 PM, Elkski said:

Pizza is one food I crave when I visit Thailand for over 3 weeks.  I've learned to bring cheese n crackers, I enjoy a bag of lays at about 3 weeks.  I buy some cashews and chocolate to munch on.   Always disappointed with a beef burger and about half the fries are cold and soggy.  There are enough IPA's available now I don't feel despair as long as I find one every 2 lweeks. Shingha seems to be an ok beer to get me by. 

Agree with the Shingha .

I usually  like to eat Pizza Company Pizza  ! I get the promotion card buy 1 get 1.

2 large pizza  for about 450 bht,will give me 3 meals after the young lady of the house takes 2 slices.

She makes a salad to go along with the meals.

I like thick crust!I never cared for thin!

When I lived in the states I made my own dough and on occasions would buy Papa Geno’s greasy Italian Sausage pizza ! Aloi maak

Edited by riclag
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/24/2023 at 4:10 AM, Damrongsak said:

Wow, thanks for that!  I looked further and the internet says this (so it must be true):

The State of Italy has also unilaterally announced that putting pineapple on pizza under any circumstances is tantamount to an Act of War under International Law. This understanding has gained acceptance following the International Law Commission's (ILC) Draft Articles on Properly Preparing a Pizza (1996).

Yes, but sezione B of that law indicates:  "And, thus, we surrender."

(I was going through this old thread tonight as I am thinking of pizza)

On 1/23/2023 at 9:53 PM, proton said:

Being paupers compared to Dan we only go to Wine Connection, 250 baht for lunch, drink, very good salad and pizza or pasta. House plonk 140 baht, usually get a bottle at 500+

2nd Wine Connection!

What other restaurant can you get a bottle of vino in for 500 baht ( I think some are 400)?

There are many different styles of pizza.  And what one prefers depends on individual tastes. 
While living in  Bangkok for three years I have tried a few.  Both American and Neapolitan Style.  And found none to be very good. Even the ones that supposedly owned by Italians. 
But I guess I’m spoiled.  Living in NY/NJ area.  And also have visited Italy. 

On 1/24/2023 at 3:42 AM, spidermike007 said:

There is a law against pineapple on a pizza in Italy. It is considered a misdemeanor. 30 days in jail, and a fine of 500 euros and the restaurant gets shut down. LOL. Should be a law! 

If the Italians want to be that anal about their pizza, maybe it should be illegal to eat it outside of Italy? Maybe it should be illegal for non-Italians to eat?

If I put pineapple on my pizza (which I often do), how does it affect, offend or even have anything to do with anyone else? Never did understand why (often non Italians) give a monkey's about it.

Anchovies, on the other hand...

Making your own is fun and, of course, you can put whatever you like on it. Sauerkraut, pilchards, M&Ms for all I care. You're the one who is going to eat it.

I'll admit I usually cheat by buying the bases from Makro. (Thin & Crispy for me, I don't like stodge, but each to their own.)

After that, it's make my own tomato sauce, add cheese and whatever toppings I fancy, though that doesn't include any of the ones I mentioned above ????

20220801_175936.jpg

On 1/23/2023 at 7:27 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Why would anybody eat an American Pizza on Soi 11 when an excellent Italian Pizza is available in the same Soi just across the road? 

pizzeria-limoncello.jpg

That looks really good, I would like pizza's if only there was no tomato's or green stuff on them.

On 2/5/2023 at 3:51 PM, n00dle said:

for the love of god, nobody cares about your cheese toast.

Dodgy things, cheese toasties. Killed my rabbit!

He used to enjoy a ham toastie. One day I had run out of ham so I gave him a cheese one. 

He died that night. The vet said "mixingmytoasties" can come on very suddenly.

On 1/28/2023 at 12:11 PM, SportRider said:

I second this.   Never understood the snobbery about pineapple on pizza.  If customers want it, why not?  Ignoring demand is not good business.  Personally I like pineapple, together with lots and lots of chillies on Hawaiian... Tastes great.

Iceland back in the UK used to have a  Heinz baked bean pizza, it was great, but unfortunately did not last long, don't like tomato's or green stuff on them. but don't mind a little cheese.

18 hours ago, Woof999 said:

If the Italians want to be that anal about their pizza, maybe it should be illegal to eat it outside of Italy? Maybe it should be illegal for non-Italians to eat?

If I put pineapple on my pizza (which I often do), how does it affect, offend or even have anything to do with anyone else? Never did understand why (often non Italians) give a monkey's about it.

554B7651-953F-4215-A762-8A32BC184033_1_105_c.jpeg

7 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

Making your own is fun and, of course, you can put whatever you like on it. Sauerkraut, pilchards, M&Ms for all I care. You're the one who is going to eat it.

I'll admit I usually cheat by buying the bases from Makro. (Thin & Crispy for me, I don't like stodge, but each to their own.)

After that, it's make my own tomato sauce, add cheese and whatever toppings I fancy, though that doesn't include any of the ones I mentioned above ????

20220801_175936.jpg

Thanks for chiming in, this thread can be closed now.  There’s a law that every pizza thread must have a an Italian, someone who “knows pizza” because they’re from New York, and someone who cooks their own pizza at home.  Until your contribution we were lacking the last one.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Pineapple, anchovies, prawns, mushrooms, calamari is the ideal pizza.

If it is Bangkok have a try at this one:

Starita Bangkok

113 Soi Attapat G Floor,  Oakwood Residence Thonglor

099 446 4461

There was a story on this Pizzeria in the newspaper that cannot be mentioned and the history behind it. This story was VERY promising. I did not try it yet.

For Chonburi my favourite Pizza is made in the Restaurant Sicily near Maprachan Lake

For Koh Chang at Mordi & Fuggi

All are phantastic and original.