British diving instructor found dead on Thailand’s Koh Tao under ‘mysterious’ circumstances

webfact

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

From other posts of yours it seems you're heavily into fitness, for you to die in your sleep would be considered unsuspicious?

Really?

Hearth attack is if not common for his type of fitness, but it happens. 

The world average age of death is a few years lower at 69.8 years for men and 74.9 years for women. Within the European Union, these are 77.8 and 83.3 years respectively.

Source 

World data

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

From other posts of yours it seems you're heavily into fitness, for you to die in your sleep would be considered unsuspicious?

Really?

Yes, im heavy into fitness. though a bit less now because of an injury. But seriously without yearly in dept health checks you dont know anything. I might look healthy but i could have some underlying problems. Its not uncommon for people to have undiscovered health problems.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes there is but his friend told he was found in his underwear and a blanket on a sofa

the point being - who told his friend these details, sorry but I just do not trust anything from this place

• Like 2

Just now, smedly said:

the point being - who told his friend these details, sorry but I just do not trust anything from this place

Paramedics said so. So unless the paramedics are in on it too then its a fact. But if you dont even believe this then not read the newspaper because you dont trust anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mackayae said:

If you've gone through the PADI or BSAC courses to become a certified Dive Instructor chances are you are fit and healthy.

I did mine many many years ago and was fitter than I am now so not sure that would count.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

British tabloids, i mean all the other deaths have nothing to do with this but are mentioned for the story. People die in their sleep its not strange thing. I don't expect an autopsy if i die in my sleep and there is no sign of violence.

This sounds a lot like a storm a teacup.  

You're right. But we all know that whenever a farang dies in Thailand the conspiracy theorists come out of the woodwork. As you say, it's perfectly possible and most likely that this guy died of natural causes, RIP.

Some years ago the Australian authorities reported that more Australians die in Thailand every year than in any other foreign country.  (Common causes of their deaths being drowning, riding motorbikes, illict drugs).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mackayae said:

If you've gone through the PADI or BSAC courses to become a certified Dive Instructor chances are you are fit and healthy.

Yes,but working in Thailand as diving instructor is not to healthy.I have a friend he used to be diving instructor in Pattaya and opened a diving school there.After beaten up a few times by some thai guys he closed his diving school  and left Thailand

• Like 1

Unfortunately when you choose to live or travel to another country.  The authorities don’t investigate or see things as you would expect in your home country. 
From the description.  It does appear like he fell asleep and passed away.  Or if it was foul play.  Someone bothered to make it look that he fell asleep on the couch.  Like in a Lieutenant Columbo movie.  I doubt it. Only a full investigation and an autopsy would be definitive on the cause of death.  He might have even ingested something.  But as I said.  Different countries have different ways of handling things. 
And just because a person is athletic, child, teen, not that old.  Doesn’t mean they just can’t die in their sleep. They might have an underlying condition that they are unaware of.  Or things just happen to the human body suddenly. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

I think I might build a death island website.

He looks old for 48, did they get his age wrong in the report?

There is and youtube channel and if you google you will find the documentary. Not sure I can share it here. 

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Fit healthy 48 year olds, really?

We don't know, it's just what somebody said. Fit and healthy young football players can suffer from instant heart attack out of the blue and die, if it wasn't for some others that gave first aid resuscitation help...:whistling:

1 hour ago, robblok said:

As far as I know (but I dont know everything) Padi and almost everyone is Padi in Thailand does not ask that of its dive instructors. 

So he might not even had to do that. 

Reason why I am so convinced that people just die is my uncle. He was a runner (never drank alcohol) and he was under 50 when he died. Just all of sudden he was dead. Never had health problems. It was something with his heart. But no indications before and he was a marine and a paramedic. So not just someone. But still he died and it was natural but nobody expected it.

Maybe that made me look at things different.

And you found out it was something to do with his heart....how ?

• Like 1