British diving instructor found dead on Thailand’s Koh Tao under ‘mysterious’ circumstances

webfact

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

you know what - even if an autopsy was done I still would not believe the results - people are instructed what to say - even doctors

You know some people are paranoid too. Others have the Thaibashing syndrome.  What the case is with you i dont know but if you dont believe basics then a debate is impossible as there is no common ground.

On 1/24/2023 at 1:42 PM, TheFishman1 said:

They should do an autopsy might’ve been poisoned I just placed on the couch, put a blanket over them, etc. etc. is the reason why they call that island death island the families that control the island do whatever they want for protection TIT

if local cops attended this scene first - then anything is possible - I am pretty certain that whatever we have read about this so far is fiction - the can say whatever they like and nobody is in a position to question it 

details like who found him are seriously lacking in this "story"

I remember someone compiling a dossier of Koh Tao mystery deaths and it is compelling - the biggest and most talked about on here was Hanna and David - don't want to get into that one but that was the biggest stitch up I have ever witnessed in my life - there were so many things wrong in so many ways  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/24/2023 at 2:17 PM, mut462 said:

11 die in a van accident and subsequent fire - media reports all gone for autopsy - these deaths are not in need of further investigation - apparently healthy man found dead on his couch requires an autopsy 

what ?

On 1/24/2023 at 10:13 AM, robblok said:

British tabloids, i mean all the other deaths have nothing to do with this but are mentioned for the story. People die in their sleep its not strange thing. I don't expect an autopsy if i die in my sleep and there is no sign of violence.

This sounds a lot like a storm a teacup.  

My understanding is that it's British policy that if a citizen dies here in Thailand an autopsy has to be performed before the death certificate can be issued and the body released to next of kin, if any.

At least that's my experience, sadly.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

if local cops attended this scene first - then anything is possible - I am pretty certain that whatever we have read about this so far is fiction - the can say whatever they like and nobody is in a position to question it 

details like who found him are seriously lacking in this "story"

I remember someone compiling a dossier of Koh Tao mystery deaths and it is compelling - the biggest and most talked about on here was Hanna and David - don't want to get into that one but that was the biggest stitch up I have ever witnessed in my life - there were so many things wrong in so many ways  

The thing is, anything can be said and we will believe whatever we want to believe by intuition or by leading well placed stories.

Nobody really knows what happened except the murder or murders! 

We are just manipulated to believe what we believe, no matter what it is, murder on Koh Tao, climate changes or Biden versus Trump. 

To be true, I know Koh Tao have a bad reputation, but to say I know anything would be in best case stupid

3 hours ago, tjo o tjim said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which specific Koh Tao deaths have remained "unexplained"?

IIRC the Indian billionaire couple.

You recall incorrectly.  The incident was explained to the satisfaction of all involved, one of the victims had several underlying health condition with no outstanding concerns from the police, medical personnel or the couple's family regarding the cause of death.

12 hours ago, BritScot said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nothing has been occurring "on mass" or even en masse.

I think you will find it has. Excess Deaths all over the world and increases in cardiac problems. Some very good data out of Taiwan who Electrocardiogramed youngsters before and then after a certain medical procedure and the findings are horrifying.... The truth will out. One should never forget about the Thalidomide Scandal and the fact they new for 8 years before it was actually cancelled.

You posted "Recently" and commented on a thread about Koh Tao deaths, no reference whatsoever to Taiwan or Thalidomide!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SunsetT said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

" and where hsa it been reported that a postmortem will not be performed?

From the original Birmingham Post report:

The friend added: “The medics who showed up said there was nothing suspicious. I was told the police said straight away there was nothing to investigate. It happened so quickly. I don’t even think they did an autopsy.

That was third party speculation and hearsay and does not state that "a postmortem was not/will not be performed". 

Nowhere had it been stated by any authority that a postmortem will not be undertaken.

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What is Thailand doing in connection with this death that "is not the way to encourage visitors"?

Of course it is. If tourists get the idea the police wont do anything to help them that puts them at risk with no one to turn to. Do you believe it will encourage tourists to come?

21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You posted "Recently" and commented on a thread about Koh Tao deaths, no reference whatsoever to Taiwan or Thalidomide!

Great remark, dragging in covid and Thalidomide into it. Though i would change Taiwan for Thailand.

55 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why would I need to? It is so easy to cross reference and look it up. Do the search! Taiwan is a recent published official study and being a child of the 60's I grew up seeing the aftermath of the thalidomide scandal (you should look it up). We should never ever forget!!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BritScot said:

I think you will find it has. Excess Deaths all over the world and increases in cardiac problems. Some very good data out of Taiwan who Electrocardiogramed youngsters before and then after a certain medical procedure and the findings are horrifying.... The truth will out. One should never forget about the Thalidomide Scandal and the fact they new for 8 years before it was actually cancelled.

I do not think its funny!!!

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, BritScot said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why would I need to?

Exactly, why did you need to reference Taiwan and Thalidomide in a thread about an apparent Koh Tao natural death?  That was my point.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That was third party speculation and hearsay and does not state that "a postmortem was not/will not be performed". 

Nowhere had it been stated by any authority that a postmortem will not be undertaken.

So the KTM propaganda machine is up and running again.

Edited by SunsetT

I have been visiting Samui for 32 years. First gulf war broke out on my initial visit. We have been to Koh Tao around  dozen times over the decades. It has become apparent and obvious even to a fool that there is indeed a dark side to the island and it involves a particular family and their cronies in the local police ?( Including Surat Thani). The family involved seem untouchable and it wont be resolved u til Bangkok CIB investigate. There are those here who for some reason chose to turn a blind eye to the matter and God knows why they would do that. An autopsy can and has been requested in Thailand for suspicious deaths many times over the years. This had to be paid for by the family or insurance company of the deceased.I would not let anyone I care for visit Koh Tao without giving them a warning first. I know there are farrang working on the island that are oblivious to the goings on and are blissfully happy. <deleted> of the wrong people and things change extremely quickly. The whole thing will eventually unravel. Just a matter of time.????

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 10:37 AM, PJ71 said:

Ok it happens, but what's the % of deaths of fit males aged 48 dying in their sleep, 0.00000000000000000000000%?

My comment was in response to your reply to a post that said, "Young elite athletes have been known to drop dead on the field due to undiagnosed heart issues" - nothing to do with people dying in their sleep 

• 6 months later...
On 1/25/2023 at 3:42 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"So this doesn’t ring true as ‘just died in his sleep, no autopsy needed’".

No one (apart from some posters misquoting the OP) has said that!

And it’s illogical and doesn’t ring true.  no matter who said it when or repeated it 

• Confused 1