British diving instructor found dead on Thailand’s Koh Tao under ‘mysterious’ circumstances

webfact

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

I think I might build a death island website.

He looks old for 48, did they get his age wrong in the report?

He looks waaay over 48 to me or he's done drinking and drugs before in his life. Those wrinkles look like he's 64/65 at least. Surprised no one else mentioned this. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Paramedics said so. So unless the paramedics are in on it too then its a fact. But if you dont even believe this then not read the newspaper because you dont trust anything.

Half of what we see and none of what we hear in most places

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Whatever your family wants is not important. They only do this when its suspicious (just like in my country). But what is suspicious about someone dying in his sleep on a sofa under a blanket in his underewear. Unless clear signs of poisoning or violence there is no need.  

At least that is how it goes in my country.. but it s more what is the rule in Thailand. I doubt that every body gets an autopsy. 

"Many states have one done when a person dies without a doctor present. Twenty-seven states require it if the cause of death is suspected to be from a public health threat, such as a fast-spreading disease or tainted food."(WebMD)

• Like 1

As far as I know (but I dont know everything) Padi and almost everyone is Padi in Thailand does not ask that of its dive instructors. 

So he might not even had to do that. 

Reason why I am so convinced that people just die is my uncle. He was a runner (never drank alcohol) and he was under 50 when he died. Just all of sudden he was dead. Never had health problems. It was something with his heart. But no indications before and he was a marine and a paramedic. So not just someone. But still he died and it was natural but nobody expected it.

Maybe that made me look at things different.

How do you know this? Did they do an autopsy?

• Like 2

This was not the only one recently, on the island itself of known cases in total like 24 of them over the past 10-15 years or so. I believe 2 other diving instructors as well another earlier owner of that school also died.

Even on phangan almost every month a young person is found dead in their bed, it never even makes the news. Chiang Mai it would be the talk of the town.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

As far as I know (but I dont know everything) Padi and almost everyone is Padi in Thailand does not ask that of its dive instructors. 

So he might not even had to do that. 

Reason why I am so convinced that people just die is my uncle. He was a runner (never drank alcohol) and he was under 50 when he died. Just all of sudden he was dead. Never had health problems. It was something with his heart. But no indications before and he was a marine and a paramedic. So not just someone. But still he died and it was natural but nobody expected it.

Maybe that made me look at things different.

How did they know it was his heart. Did they do an autopsy?

• Thumbs Up 1

First of all do not associate Koh Samui with incidents on Koh Tao!  I have lived here for 17 years and sure there is the occasional shooting/murder on this Island, but nothing compared to Koh Tao.  If I were the Village Head, I would ask the Police to do an autopsy to clear the name of those living on the Island.  Having said that I am above average fitness for my age and about 4 years ago I had a Deep Vein Thrombosis, which fortunatley was spotted by my Wife and I was immediately whisked off to hospital for a check-up and treatment.  But as I say, an autopsy would clear that up.