M&M's says its killing its 'spokescandies' after conservatives were outraged that the green one didn't wear go-go boots anymore

Scott

Only the loony left could take such a comment on Fox News seriously and turn it into a debate!

Besides, we should be talking about chocolates (with faces) in the 3rd person, 'they' should be non binary , gender neutral. I'd rather see 'them' wearing unisex flip flops.

2 minutes ago, candide said:

So the conservative NYPost is misleading his conservative readers by reporting a conservative outrage. Good luck with that one! ????

No one is misleading anyone , the Tweet was in the NYPost report 

They reposted the Tweet .

I cannot believe that I have to tell you what is in the link that you posted 

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"There's no such thing as bad publicity"

A green M&M having a change of footwear , having sneakers instead of high heels is hardly denigrating the brand , it is putting the product on television and that is advertising the product 

That concept ' there is no such thing as bad publicity ' is outdated and not supported by marketing professionals.

He was creating outrage towards M&M's, so yes, denigrating.

I used to be marketing manager for an insurance company, so in contrast to you I do know what I'm talking about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

That concept ' there is no such thing as bad publicity ' is outdated and not supported by marketing professionals.

He was creating outrage towards M&M's, so yes, denigrating.

I used to be marketing manager for an insurance company, so in contrast to you I do know what I'm talking about.

How damaging to the product would it be that the Green M&M had a change of footwear ?

Would that likely lead to people not buying M&M's ?

How many people would not buy the product after seeing it on television compared to the people who would go out and buy some because they saw it on TV ?

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What knowledge and experience do you have in that field ?

Do you work in advertising ?

I am not her to display my CV but I know how Denigrating the brand in front of 4 million viewers raises the signal "I can be fired for that" so if not kicked out from the start, it will be sent for approval to higher levels, and higher levels will never approve it.

what you need to understand is that a company spending around $100 million every year in advertising to build a strong brand will never take any risk to damage the brand.

It's not like Mr Pillow making buzz on Fox News.

Edited by candide

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How damaging to the product would it be that the Green M&M had a change of footwear ?

Would that likely lead to people not buying M&M's ?

How many people would not buy the product after seeing it on television compared to the people who would go out and buy some because they saw it on TV ?

What game are you playing? Are you trolling? It's not about changing footwear.

It's about your stupid claim that M&Ms would have Tucker denigrate their brand on Fox.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

What game are you playing? Are you trolling. It's not about changing footwear.

It's about your stupid claim that M&Ms would have Tucker denigrate their brand on Fox.

Saying that I am trolling and stupid  ?

Its better that we end this discussion now 

I don't appreciate  being spoken to like that and so I wont participate any further  , 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Saying that I am trolling and stupid  ?

Its better that we end this discussion now 

I don't appreciate  being spoken to like that and so I wont participate any further  , 

Actually, candide said your comment was stupid, not you. And given that your contention was baseless and ridiculous, I don't his characterization of your comment was necessarily unfair.

35 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No one is misleading anyone , the Tweet was in the NYPost report 

They reposted the Tweet .

I cannot believe that I have to tell you what is in the link that you posted 

Well, they did not consider it as a case of "lol", and claimed conservatives were effectively outraged.

You claimed It's not true that conservatives were outraged. I showed you a conservative media claiming they have been outraged.

Edited by candide

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually, candide said your comment was stupid, not you. And given that your contention was baseless and ridiculous, I don't his characterization of your comment was necessarily unfair.

Green M&M's not wearing high heels anymore .

Who is actually getting outraged, angry and fighting and being abusive  ?

About Green M&M's shoes ?????

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Green M&M's not wearing high heels anymore .

Who is actually getting outraged, angry and fighting and being abusive  ?

About Green M&M's shoes ?????

Tucker Carlson 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well , that's not correct . Republicans were not "outraged" , a media company wrote "force gamers to power down to fight climate change.""It noted, correctly, that the shutdown setting would mean some Xbox consoles have a slower boot time and others will not be able to be woken remotely. "

"First gas stoves, then your coffee, now they're gunning for your Xbox," Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) tweeted on Monday

From that link. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, X-boxs are getting an update which will mean they consume less power and will be slower . 

Which is the context of the tweet

"First your gas stove, then your coffee, and now they're gunning for your Xbox" has something to with consuming less power and being slower? Who exactly is "they"?

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

"First your gas stove, then your coffee, and now they're gunning for your Xbox" has something to with consuming less power and being slower? Who exactly is "they"?

As Ted Cruz made the Tweet , you really should ask him by tweeting back to him , I don feel I should speak on his behalf or explain what his tweet means or who he was referring to .

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

As Ted Cruz made the Tweet , you really should ask him by tweeting back to him , I don feel I should speak on his behalf or explain what his tweet means or who he was referring to .

Sure. That's what we do here. When we have a question about the meaning of what some public figure says, we contact them directly to ask what they meant. In fact, we do it all the time in this forum because we know that those public figures will drop what they are doing to reply to us. 

If you think that this is the case, they why even bother commenting on it at all? Anyway, don't take it personally, but your comment is ridiculous.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Sure. That's what we do here. When we have a question about the meaning of what some public figure says, we contact them directly to ask what they meant. In fact, we do it all the time in this forum because we know that those public figures will drop what they are doing to reply to us. 

If you think that this is the case, they why even bother commenting on it at all? Anyway, don't take it personally, but your comment is ridiculous.

What makes you think that I would know who he means ?

Why would I know anymore than you ?

I actually have no idea who the guy is and I didn't repost his tweet .

If you want to know who he is referring to, then you will have to ask him , whether he replies to you or not remains to be seen

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What makes you think that I would know who he means ?

Why would I know anymore than you ?

I actually have no idea who the guy is and I didn't repost his tweet .

If you want to know who he is referring to, then you will have to ask him , whether he replies to you or not remains to be seen

Those of us who are reasonably familiar with current events understand that he has linked M&M's to political bêtes noires of the right. It's the clueless who should be directing their inquiries to Ted Cruz.

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Those of us who are reasonably familiar with current events understand that he has linked M&M's to political bêtes noires of the right. It's the clueless who should be directing their inquiries to Ted Cruz.

Well , there you go, you answered your own question .

Why are you asking me questions that you know the answer to ?

And yes, if a person makes a tweet and I want some more info , I would ask them and I wouldn't come on here and ask you what they meant .

And I would appreciate it if in future, you don't ask me a question , a question that you know the answer to .

So, the answer to the question that you asked me is : They are the  political bêtes noires of the right .

53 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, X-boxs are getting an update which will mean they consume less power and will be slower . 

Which is the context of the tweet

35 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I'm not Ted Cruz, but it's clear he is not happy about the Xbox changes. It's also clear the context of his tweet is not "Yes, X-boxs are getting an update which will mean they consume less power and will be slower .".

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I'm not Ted Cruz, but it's clear he is not happy about the Xbox changes. It's also clear the context of his tweet is not "Yes, X-boxs are getting an update which will mean they consume less power and will be slower .".

That is the Tweet that he was replying to 

Someone tweeted 

Ted Cruz replied with 

"First your gas stove, then your coffee, and now they're gunning for your Xbox"

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Only the loony left could take such a comment on Fox News seriously and turn it into a debate!

Besides, we should be talking about chocolates (with faces) in the 3rd person, 'they' should be non binary , gender neutral. I'd rather see 'them' wearing unisex flip flops.

Well that's true. Carlson himself told a court that no right minded person should take him seriously.

"Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is the Tweet that he was replying to 

Someone tweeted 

Ted Cruz replied with 

"First your gas stove, then your coffee, and now they're gunning for your Xbox"

I'm not repeating myself.

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well , there you go, you answered your own question .

Why are you asking me questions that you know the answer to ?

And yes, if a person makes a tweet and I want some more info , I would ask them and I wouldn't come on here and ask you what they meant .

And I would appreciate it if in future, you don't ask me a question , a question that you know the answer to .

So, the answer to the question that you asked me is : They are the  political bêtes noires of the right .

Because I disagreed with your interpretation and asked you to reconcile it with reality. You know, what you wrote before:

"Yes, X-boxs are getting an update which will mean they consume less power and will be slower . 

Which is the context of the tweet"