M&M's says its killing its 'spokescandies' after conservatives were outraged that the green one didn't wear go-go boots anymore

Scott

M&Ms

M&Ms chocolate announced on Monday that it is taking "an indefinite pause from the spokescandies" after controversy over their rebranded appearances.

"In the last year, we've made some changes to our beloved spokescandies. We weren't sure if anyone would even notice," the brand said in a statement shared on Twitter. "And we definitely didn't think it would break the internet. But now we get it — even a candy's shoes can be polarizing."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/mandms-says-its-killing-its-spokescandies-after-conservatives-were-outraged-that-the-green-one-didnt-wear-go-go-boots-anymore/ar-AA16Ew19?li=BBnb7Kz

MSN Logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG, brand

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

tucker has not only lost the plot, but he’s descended into the realms of gibberish idiocy

“The changes sparked controversy from conservatives like Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who said the female M&Ms were now "less sexy" with their new footwear. 

In January 2022, Carlson said on his show that "M&Ms will not be satisfied until every last cartoon character is deeply unappealing and totally androgynous until the moment you wouldn't want to have a drink with any one of them."

Having a drink with a spokescandy. Ahem! Yes, hmmm...

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Have you read the OP? Right-wingers have criticized the brand's rebranded female M&M candies, dubbing them "less sexy.", after they changed their high heels shoes to sneakers.

OMG , I didnt read that bit . 

Truly shocking, he should be sacked and jailed and never work in presenting T.V shows again, I don't usually favour the death penalty but sometimes I make exceptions and this is one of these times .

"less sexy" !!!!!!! 

What a pervert , how could he say such things ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's funny not ha ha funny that modern right wing American politics tracks so clasely with Russian propaganda (anti LGBT, anti feminist, pro "traditional" Christian family values, etc.). 

Where does Russia stand on the shoes that M&M's wear ?

Is Putin in favour of sneakers or high heals for the M&M's ?

M&Ms : *facepalm*

right wing : ***double facepalm***

P.S.

is there a word to describe right wing loonies that are Trumpists, Qanon, militia types, etc. ?

because I consider myself to be a bit right wing myself, it's a bit embarrassing to be thrown into the same pot as these.

"The changes sparked controversy from conservatives like Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who said the female M&Ms were now "less sexy" with their new footwear. "

"In January 2022, Carlson said on his show that "M&Ms will not be satisfied until every last cartoon character is deeply unappealing and totally androgynous until the moment you wouldn't want to have a drink with any one of them.""

I don't know if Tucker Carlson is the ultimate snowflake, or just obsessed with eating sexy chocolate women.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Where does Russia stand on the shoes that M&M's wear ?

Is Putin in favour of sneakers or high heals for the M&M's ?

It has all to do with the guy you just criticised and his pals. While your country is rightly making  sacrifices to support Ukraine, this guy and other MAGA folks are espousing Russian propaganda.

Welcome back to reality! 

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/oct/02/tucker-carlson-ukraine-vladimir-putin-propaganda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"The changes sparked controversy from conservatives like Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who said the female M&Ms were now "less sexy" with their new footwear. "

"In January 2022, Carlson said on his show that "M&Ms will not be satisfied until every last cartoon character is deeply unappealing and totally androgynous until the moment you wouldn't want to have a drink with any one of them.""

I don't know if Tucker Carlson is the ultimate snowflake, or just obsessed with eating sexy chocolate women.

I could not imagine someone could be subject to such fetishism! I don't dare to think about what he could do with M&M& bags! ????

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think they do not respect the voters

A bit judgey there, no?  :cheesy:

They don't even respect themselves.  Here is a 2024 contender (as yet undeclared) who is already shining MBS's buttocks.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mike-pompeo-dismisses-faux-outrage-over-activist-jamal-khashoggis-killing_n_63cfee13e4b01a4363899cba

Having lived through the Cold War and all that "love it or leave it" bravado makes this stuff with 21st century conservatives fawning over certain authoritarian foreign leaders the ultimate through the looking glass experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Big companies must learn to stay out of politics. I can understand the filthy rich bosses wanting themselves portrayed as woke modern day saviours, but from Disney to Unilever playing politics has been a total disaster for the shareholders - and in Unilever's case for the boss too - Jope was fired.

No idea what all the fuss is about over M and M's, but best stay out of divisive politics and sell the best chocolate they can for the best price, that is their job at the end of the day.

11 hours ago, Tug said:

Oh dear what will the republicans do now?will they now be forced to address gun violence?childhood poverty?race inequality?forcing the wealthy to pay taxes to help pay down the debt?ect……ect…..nope they will manufacture some other inane outrage so they don’t have to deal with the real issues 

Go ahead ... I dare you to try to take my gun ... ????

image.png.db9f840fe6361f18b16c6b54b8ea531c.png

I can understand the outrage from the she/it M&M, with heels on ... as not a very complimentary face....biatch

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Yours is an inept attempt at deflection. You started out by denying that the M&Ms were a right wing target, and now that it's been show that's not the case, you try another tactic. What this incident shows is the lunacy of the right wing in even making tiny chocolate candies a political and cultural issue.

I have  feeling that this is a publicity stunt and advertising for M&M's  , a paid for advert .

The person in the programme is Tucker Carlson and he isn't the "Right wing" , he is a television host 

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have  feeling that this is a publicity stunt and advertising for M&M's  , a paid for advert .

The person in the programme is Tucker Carlson and he isn't the "Right wing" , he is a television host 

You know, I thought I had you, but now that you "have a feeling" how could any rational person dispute that. Especially given the wealth of evidence you bring to the discussion.

Maybe you're referring to another Tucker Carlson and not the one who hosts a show on fox news? Given the silence from the right about his lcurrent unacy, I think it clearly exposes how deranged the right in America has become.

• Like 2

Why not go the other direction? A stripper M&M, a drunk M&M, a gun toting M&M?

More refelective of society. More inclusive to strippers, drunks and the gun lobby. They've really missed a trick here, I wonder if they even knew I was available...

• Thanks 1