M&M's says its killing its 'spokescandies' after conservatives were outraged that the green one didn't wear go-go boots anymore

Scott

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Are M &M's right wingers ?

Are you getting Eminem and M&M's mixed up ?

Do you even read the OPs before commenting?

Also is Eminem particularly right wing...his interviews on political views would suggest not.

Edited by Bluespunk
grammar/sentence structure
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I would genuinely enjoy seeing evidence that Tucker Carlson is working for M&M, or whatever marketing company is involved, in creating this lunatic controversy. 

Maybe it would convince the fools who think Tucker Carlson is an actual newsman that they are wrong, but I doubt it.

More likely the parent company advertises on Fox. I don't know and not going to waste my time looking.

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It seems like the left wing are just looking for targets and a reason to attack the right wing  .

This is a story about M&M  chocolates , you lot did rather well in turning into a story to bash the right wing 

I blame Trump!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I blame Trump!

"Donald Trump has packets of personalised M&Ms on board Air Force One - but all other junk food is BANNED - it has been revealed." - Mirror (UK)

DFSG.jpg

Edited by KhunLA

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

I would genuinely enjoy seeing evidence that Tucker Carlson is working for M&M, or whatever marketing company is involved, in creating this lunatic controversy. 

Maybe it would convince the fools who think Tucker Carlson is an actual newsman that they are wrong, but I doubt it.

When I have watched USA TV programmes , usually CNN or Fox in hotels , many programmes seem to be adverts in disguise as a news story and they are quite clearly promoting a brand .

Its common with UK newspapers as well .

Running adverts disguised as news reports 

New is nothing but marketing, 99% ... IMHO

Directly at you, or using you money via tax ... to keep you safe.  Think defense contractors.  The sell the need, and you pay for it.

Aside from product placement & infomercials.  

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

When I have watched USA TV programmes , usually CNN or Fox in hotels , many programmes seem to be adverts in disguise as a news story and they are quite clearly promoting a brand .

Are you claiming that one of the most known brand with extensive advertising and presence in distribution needs to commit with Tucker Carlson and be involved in such a ridiculous story, in order to promote its business? It doesn't make sense at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

And, in a similar case of right-wing foolishness:

Microsoft's Changes to Xbox Console Leave Republicans Outraged

https://www.newsweek.com/microsoft-changes-xbox-console-climate-change-republicans-ted-cruz-1776054

Well , that's not correct . Republicans were not "outraged" , a media company wrote "force gamers to power down to fight climate change.""It noted, correctly, that the shutdown setting would mean some Xbox consoles have a slower boot time and others will not be able to be woken remotely. "

3 minutes ago, candide said:

Are you claiming that one of the most known brand with extensive advertising and presence in distribution needs to commit with Tucker Carlson and be involved in such a ridiculous story, in order to promote its business? It doesn't make sense at all.

Yes, that is was what I was suggesting . 

M&M's have some agreement with Fox news to advertise their product 

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

And, in a similar case of right-wing foolishness:

Microsoft's Changes to Xbox Console Leave Republicans Outraged

https://www.newsweek.com/microsoft-changes-xbox-console-climate-change-republicans-ted-cruz-1776054

I just read the article. So the right-wing morons are accusing the "woke brigade" wanting to "take your Xbox.", because Microsoft has added energy saving improvements to the Xbox? ????

There's no limit to their stupidity! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, that is was what I was suggesting . 

M&M's have some agreement with Fox news to advertise their product 

To make sure I understand, do you suggest that Tucker Carlson denigrating the brand on Fox News in front of millions of viewers,  was actually part of M&M advertising strategy?

• Like 1

Utter nonsense

18 minutes ago, candide said:

Wow! The guy who may have sold it to the board of the company must have really exceptional rethorical skills! ????

That is how advertisers work these days , create a story about a product and air that story , which is simultaneously  a news report and an advert 

20 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is how advertisers work these days , create a story about a product and air that story , which is simultaneously  a news report and an advert 

Except that it wasn't an advert promoting a brand, it was exactly the opposite. It was about denigrating the brand on TV in front of around 4 million viewers, not promoting it. Any advertiser proposing it to a well established brand would be kicked out.

You obviously have absolutely no idea of how advertising campaigns are assessed and decided in large consumer product groups with high brand equity, such as the Mars group. This is not like the usual SME trying to generate some buzz.

• Like 1

Well , that's not correct . Republicans were not "outraged" , a media company wrote "force gamers to power down to fight climate change.""It noted, correctly, that the shutdown setting would mean some Xbox consoles have a slower boot time and others will not be able to be woken remotely. "

It may have the effect you describe.

However, it remains that there was a conservative outrage accusing Microsoft of being woke for trying to decrease energy consumption.

Critics slam new ‘carbon aware’ Xbox console: ‘The woke brigade has come for video games’

https://nypost.com/2023/01/24/critics-slam-new-carbon-aware-xbox-console/

2 minutes ago, candide said:

Except that it wasn't an advert promoting a brand, it was exactly the opposite. It was about denigrating the brand on TV in front of around 4 million viewers, not promoting it. Any advertiser proposing it to a well established brand would be kicked out.

You obviously have absolutely no idea of how advertising campaigns are assessed and decided in large consumer product groups with high brand equity, such as the Mars group. This is not like the usual SME trying to generate some buzz.

"There's no such thing as bad publicity"

A green M&M having a change of footwear , having sneakers instead of high heels is hardly denigrating the brand , it is putting the product on television and that is advertising the product 

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"There's no such thing as bad publicity"

A green M&M having a change of footwear , having sneakers instead of high heels is hardly denigrating the brand , it is putting the product on television and that is advertising the product 

As I said you have no idea about how it works in large consumer brand companies.

Edited by candide

3 minutes ago, candide said:

It may have the effect you describe.

However, it remains that there was a conservative outrage accusing Microsoft of being woke for trying to decrease energy consumption.

Critics slam new ‘carbon aware’ Xbox console: ‘The woke brigade has come for video games’

https://nypost.com/2023/01/24/critics-slam-new-carbon-aware-xbox-console/

That was a Tweet and the Tweet began with a "LOL"