UK diver’s death on Ko Tao resurrects myth which is harmful to efforts to promote Thailand abroad

webfact

Off topic posts and giant oversize pictures have again been removed the topic is about:

UK diver’s death on Ko Tao resurrects myth which is harmful to efforts to promote Thailand abroad

Please stay on topic or risk a suspension, thank you

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Very few confirmed murders as it's somehow always misadventure, suicide etc. Not sure how the guy that was shot 5 times didn't qualify for suicide like the guy who hung himself with his hands securely tied behind his back. 

his hands were not 'securely tied', there was a loose loop which one hand was in, the photo at the time showed this, however as usual that was omitted from the stories posted by the guy in this thread, not a mention of the note he left to his parents either...wonder why that was left out?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artisi said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No idea but I'm sure that you're capable of researching that.   I can't see what relevance the nationalities are, the issue is about the number of deaths.   

You refer to "mysterious deaths and accidents", are there any that have been left unexplained, i.e. no conclusion as to what happened?   Which ones, specifically, are those?

Just as you are capable of searching out what ever you need to understand - so off you go. 

I don't need to do any searching because there are no unexplained deaths!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
44 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

incorrect, for example Sharlyn, how about her?

Sharlyn?  Unexplained?  Do you mean the Japanese woman who died 17 years ago whose case was determined to not be a murder but suicide by the police investigation and a postmortem?   The one in which she left a farewell note to her relatives whom were not doubting the conclusion of the investigation?  That one?  And you post that I'm incorrect!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

The police have previously acknowledged that they do not always hold investigations into foreigners deaths.

They have?  Were has that been reported by the police that applies to unexplained or unexpected deaths?  I hope you're not posting false and misleading information.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They have?  Were has that been reported by the police that applies to unexplained or unexpected deaths?  I hope you're not posting false and misleading information.

Lt. Col. Chokchai Sutthimek , reported june 30th 2017 , in a publication i cannot link to due to forum rules

• Love It 1

21 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Lt. Col. Chokchai Sutthimek , reported june 30th 2017 , in a publication i cannot link to due to forum rules

Correct! The same police officer claimed it was unethical reporting to portray Koh Tao in a bad light.... yet apparently it was just fine and dandy to fail to carry out an investigation into a foreigner’s death in the jungle. 

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Big difference between explained  manipulated cover-ups and actual causes, but that doesn't suit your agenda. 

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Sharlyn?  Unexplained?  Do you mean the Japanese woman who died 17 years ago whose case was determined to not be a murder but suicide by the police investigation and a postmortem?   The one in which she left a farewell note to her relatives whom were not doubting the conclusion of the investigation?  That one?  And you post that I'm incorrect!

I've not seen the details, post the link to that info? having known Sharlyn for a short period it's the last person I'd expect to commit suicide.

I've started a new thread so people can discuss without trolls reporting posts

https://aseannow.com/topic/1285405-koh-tao-deaths-and-the-mystery-around-them/

Edited by scubascuba3

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've not seen the details, post the link to that info? having known Sharlyn for a short period it's the last person I'd expect to commit suicide

not exactly a great metric to go by. there are not always signs, a friend killed himself and his parents knew him for over 25yrs!

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I've not seen the details, post the link to that info?

No. It's in the Bangkok Post.

19 hours ago, Artisi said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Big difference between explained  manipulated cover-ups and actual causes, but that doesn't suit your agenda. 

So you've got some evidence of the manipulated cover-ups, plural (I accept that the British couple's case was dodgy).  Or does not having any suit your agenda?

13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So you've got some evidence of the manipulated cover-ups, plural (I accept that the British couple's case was dodgy).  Or does not having any suit your agenda?

There is evidence of incomplete or non-existent investigations.

C. Annesley declared as an overdose. Authorities failed to speak to the last known person to be with her just prior to her death. ( The RTP had already identified him ).

This person has stated that when he left she was   alive and healthy . Whilst in his presence she had not taken medication and alcohol together.

The post morten was carried out late.

No toxicology report carried out

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

C. Annesley declared as an overdose. Authorities failed to speak to the last known person to be with her just prior to her death. ( The RTP had already identified him ).

This person has stated that when he left she was   alive and healthy . Whilst in his presence she had not taken medication and alcohol together.

The post morten was carried out late.

No toxicology report carried out

Cleopatra makes a good point. 

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

For an Island the size of Koh Tau there are to many tourist deaths or Suicides. Something is not right.

not at all, but the 2 guys in this thread have a certain agenda which is to high light any death and try their best to twist to sound suspicious.... if you believe those are all suspicious then you are naive to say the least.

16 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

but ignore her FB posts bragging how 'hammered' she was getting mixing tramadol & buckets of vodka.

The overdose is pure speculation based upon Facebook posts sometime earlier before her death.

There is a witness  that is present prior to death who states that she did not mix.

The police although identified the witness failed to interview him.

6 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

The overdose is pure speculation based upon Facebook posts sometime earlier before her death.

There is a witness  that is present prior to death who states that she did not mix.

Why would they, there was no need as the non existant island mafia ordained it so. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

as are all the claims of 'suspicious deaths' you can believe what even nonsense you want, those on Tao laugh it people like you, Tao is full....!

5 hours ago, frank83628 said:

not at all, but the 2 guys in this thread have a certain agenda which is to high light any death and try their best to twist to sound suspicious.... if you believe those are all suspicious then you are naive to say the least.

Your deflecting  Frank, why are there so many Deaths in all cases Foreigners on Koh Tau?

8 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:
8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

C. Annesley declared as an overdose.

So who, with credibility, not hearsay, is saying that that case was "incomplete or was never investigated"?   Just because you didn't like the outcome doesn't mean that there was no investigation or it was not able to come to a reasonable conclusion.

Edited by Liverpool Lou