UK diver’s death on Ko Tao resurrects myth which is harmful to efforts to promote Thailand abroad

webfact

On 1/25/2023 at 9:10 AM, hotchilli said:

I'm sure the investigation will be thorough and the cause of death will be found via an autopsy which will be conducted in a very professional manner. 

Well, they are very experienced resulting from the thorough and  faultless investigation and autopsies of a couple of British back packers a few years back, they established without any doubt a couple of Burmese guy were guilty of the murders. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

what's the secret? you seem to have an agenda to block people reporting deaths under suspicious circumstances 

why was this death suspicious?.... because IY implied it was on his pathetic page?  i didn't read any official police statement or announcement. was there any verification of this friend that said no autopsy was carried out?  there was btw, in surat thani, and natural causes was the result.... if the family accepts this... will you?... not that the opinion of a nobody matters to them whatsoever

20 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

why was this death suspicious?.... because IY implied it was on his pathetic page?  i didn't read any official police statement or announcement. was there any verification of this friend that said no autopsy was carried out?  there was btw, in surat thani, and natural causes was the result.... if the family accepts this... will you?... not that the opinion of a nobody matters to them whatsoever

lack of info leads to speculation, simple as that, how about all the other deaths? all fine by you?

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

lack of info leads to speculation, simple as that, how about all the other deaths? all fine by you?

apart from hannah &b David which was clearly murder, the other deaths are just that, again, you can make them sound suspicious if you purposely omit key facts.

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

how about Sharlene, Japanese dive instructor of Big Blue, found dead in the woods, not suspicious?

Along with a few others, badly or purposely not reported - but ok, the island mafia gets it sorted without too much fuss. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

how about Sharlene, Japanese dive instructor of Big Blue, found dead in the woods, not suspicious?

nearly 20 years ago, so you know here, or anything else,  you have all the information from back then or just what IY says happened?

10 hours ago, frank83628 said:

I know all about him, a guy that has never ever stepped foot on Island, yet claims to know so much, purposely omits facts from his stories, along with S buchanan...... you asked my agernda..NONE, ...how about book sales... which is hers and promoted by him!!

Sorry to burst your bubble Frank but I have made it very clear more than once that I have been on Koh Tao and other islands in the Gulf of Thailand ???????? and on Phuket on the other side of the peninsula. Frank, it is abundantly clear to most other contributors to this forum that you don’t like the facts to get in the way of a good story while you accuse others of spreading disinformation. Hypocrisy is the word that springs to mind. Cheers Ian Yarwood. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Spectator2020 said:

The topic of cover-ups of Koh Tao deaths has been raised as has the highly suspicious death of YOSHIE SAZAWA aka “Sharlyn”, the Japanese diving instructor who vanished on 18 June 2004 and was found dead outside in the jungle one week later on 25 June 2004.

At the time she was estranged from her de facto husband Michael Spjuth, the founder of Big Blue Diving.

2004 was before the explosion of social media and it was easy to keep untimely deaths out of the very timid mainstream media. When I started posting information about Sharlyn on Facebook and YouTube in November 2021 there were a number of prompt press releases from the Royal Thai Police containing several false statements. Most notably, the spokesmen claimed, falsely, that Shalyn’s body was found in her house with a suicide note contrary to ALL other accounts.

Even Michael’s friend publicly stated that according to Michael Spjuth, Sharlyn’s body was found outside. See the screenshot of his online post.

The constant disinformation from the Royal Thai Police destroys their credibility. 

17E5825D-32AB-4B82-BCE2-00F36E7413C8.png

107CFE80-F336-4EAA-932E-5263C5E2B876.png

Since you seem to have all the information, what is your opinion on Michael's death?

6 hours ago, Spectator2020 said:

The topic of cover-ups of Koh Tao deaths has been raised as has the highly suspicious death of YOSHIE SAZAWA aka “Sharlyn”, the Japanese diving instructor who vanished on 18 June 2004 and was found dead outside in the jungle one week later on 25 June 2004.

At the time she was estranged from her de facto husband Michael Spjuth, the founder of Big Blue Diving.

2004 was before the explosion of social media and it was easy to keep untimely deaths out of the very timid mainstream media. When I started posting information about Sharlyn on Facebook and YouTube in November 2021 there were a number of prompt press releases from the Royal Thai Police containing several false statements. Most notably, the spokesmen claimed, falsely, that Shalyn’s body was found in her house with a suicide note contrary to ALL other accounts.

Even Michael’s friend publicly stated that according to Michael Spjuth, Sharlyn’s body was found outside. See the screenshot of his online post.

The constant disinformation from the Royal Thai Police destroys their credibility. 

17E5825D-32AB-4B82-BCE2-00F36E7413C8.png

107CFE80-F336-4EAA-932E-5263C5E2B876.png

i only loosely knew Sharlyn for a few months while on koh tao but she'd be the last person I'd expect to commit suicide. A great instructor, Big Blue Diving business going really well

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Since you seem to have all the information, what is your opinion on Michael's death?

he crashed his motorbike, there is cctv of him clipping the back of a bike that was turning left.... not sure how you can make a bike accident suspicious but i'm sure spectator2020. and scubascuuba3 will try

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spectator2020 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble Frank but I have made it very clear more than once that I have been on Koh Tao and other islands in the Gulf of Thailand ???????? and on Phuket on the other side of the peninsula. Frank, it is abundantly clear to most other contributors to this forum that you don’t like the facts to get in the way of a good story while you accuse others of spreading disinformation. Hypocrisy is the word that springs to mind. Cheers Ian Yarwood. 

a snorkelling trip isn't really what i'd class as staying on Tao...

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i only loosely knew Sharlyn for a few months while on koh tao but she'd be the last person I'd expect to commit suicide. A great instructor, Big Blue Diving business going really well

A little over a year ago a professor of English literature expressed the same opinion to me about Sharlyn. Sharlyn was an expert translator and had worked with the professor who was a US national. Thanks for your input. Feel free to contact me privately scubascuba3 on <Email address removed, please use PM function to contact>

Edited by metisdead
19. You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names or social media addresses in posts or signatures.

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

a snorkelling trip isn't really what i'd class as staying on Tao...

Poor Frank caught telling lies yet again. He knew that I had been to Koh Tao on a snorkelling ???? vacation yet that did not stop him from publicly stating yet again that I had never set foot on the island!! ???? Frank repeats the same lies over and over again. Tedious isn’t it? 

• Like 1

Michael's death was no mystery; he had four concussions, and nobody thought he had any proper insurance and there was a financial concern, so his medevac was delayed and he went to the public hospital rather than the private one.  He didn't get the care he needed in time to survive unfortunately.  It was a freak accident, the video of it is quite clear.

Big Blue was in a bit of chaos from what I understand due to the "inheritance" issues.  

The aftermath of it all though is the only thing that would make me skeptical of Koh Tao in the least.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Spectator2020 said:

Poor Frank caught telling lies yet again. He knew that I had been to Koh Tao on a snorkelling ???? vacation yet that did not stop him from publicly stating yet again that I had never set foot on the island!! ???? Frank repeats the same lies over and over again. Tedious isn’t it? 

Posts not addressing the original matter and high jacking the thread are tedious in the extreme.

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The tens of millions of tourists who have returned home safely from Koh Tao over the past few decades would not agree with your "mith" [sic].   An infinitesimal percentage of visitors have died there in unexpected circumstances.   A much more accurate name for the island would have to be Isle of the 99.9% Perfectly Safe Visitors.

But 100% lethal for far too many. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1