Germany set to send Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine, Der Spiegel reports

Scott

I find it somewhat strange that it's thought a few tanks will make the difference. Thousands certainly would, but is the west going to send thousands?

For those that don't actually know much about tanks other than in movies here is an informative web site

https://kyivindependent.com/national/how-many-tanks-does-russia-really-have

However, we can not expect Russia to run critically low on tanks anytime soon.

Despite heavy losses, Russia still has enough machines to continue waging its war for years.

and another ( I had to delete one sentence to keep the quote with 3 sentences )

https://www.csis.org/analysis/will-united-states-run-out-javelins-russia-runs-out-tanks

The United States has supplied Ukraine with thousands of Javelins, the anti-tank missiles that have become the iconic weapon of the war, but the U.S. inventory is dwindling. The United States has probably given about one-third of its stock to Ukraine.

Production of new missiles is slow, and it will take years to replenish stocks.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'd be more worried about the Russian conscripts being sent into the meat grinder by fascist Putin. Russia invaded. Ukraine wants to be independent of Russia. I hope that's OK with you. They need the west's help and there is no shame in that.

I am not for Russia and I understand your point. But I doubt that the Ukraine will ever WIN this war. The good thing is that Russia obviously never had a working strategy for this war. Otherwise these tanks and all the other western weapons would never arrive in the Ukraine. 

• Like 1

A post violating Fair Use Policy has been removed.

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

https://aseannow.com/terms/

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You think they won't use them if it came to it? I do. End of humanity.

You'll survive on a Thai beach you love, just hone your fishing skills for food.

You say if it came to it, but what does that mean? No one is threatening to invade Russia.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scott said:

Germany is set to send

When?

A few days ago, I read an article about how long this will/would take.

Germany won't send the tanks which are currently used in their army. They will, if at all, send tanks from storage or ask the manufacturer to send tanks. This will take months - best case. 

• Love It 1