Lack of TM30

So I was sent back from IT SQURE for lack of TM30 as land border bounch apparently requires one... staying in friends apartment and landlord will not provide TM30... my last day for 30d extension is on Monday before overstay...

1. Should I book hotel for Sunday night and get TM30 reported and printed out for me?

2. If 1 is valid option will i still face 2000 baht fine for not reporting within 3 days or whatever it was after crossing Cambodia-Thailand border?

18 minutes ago, tipidii said:

. Should I book hotel for Sunday night and get TM30 reported and printed out for me?

That should work. 

You do realize you can obtain extension much earlier than last couple of days. 

Make sure hotel can provide you with screenshot of filing TM30 prior to payment for room. 

I went to do my 90 day reporting last Tuesday but they refused to do it because I had no TM 30 slip in my passport. The reason being I went to Malaysia for 6 days in October so I was 90 days  over for reporting. I had to queue up for two hours then I got the TM 30 then my 90 day reporting and no fine. In June 2020 they changed the rules if you went abroad and came back in on a re-entry visa and went back to the same address you did not have to do a tm30. So have they now gone back to the old rules.

44 minutes ago, kennypick said:

In June 2020 they changed the rules if you went abroad and came back in on a re-entry visa and went back to the same address you did not have to do a tm30. So have they now gone back to the old rules.

I know the rules have changed and I have read them, that said, my circumstances are different to those not married to a Thai, e.g. I went abroad with my Thai wife in October, when we returned (Friday), we stayed at a hotel overnight in Bangkok before we headed to her house the following day up north-east (Saturday).

On Monday she rang Sakhon Nakhon immigration and asked if I (The alien) who had a single re-entry permit had to file a TM30 as I was back at my usual address (7 years), they said NO, but she had to lodge the TM30 as she is the owner of the house that I reside in.

My take on all of this is if you have gone overseas and returned to the same address, the owner, hotel, tenant has to lodge a TM30, that said, I can be wrong, as I hear different immigration offices don't require it, so best to check with yours to be safe.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

My take on all of this is if you have gone overseas and returned to the same address, the owner, hotel, tenant has to lodge a TM30, that said, I can be wrong, as I hear different immigration offices don't require it, so best to check with yours to be safe

You are referring to Sakhon Nakhon. 

And have posted that in various threads.

That immigration office is wrong and no doubt there are others also NOT following new rules as of June 2020. 

If you exit Thailand and return with a reentry permit or eg multi entry visa to your place of residence you and/or property owner do NOT need to file a TM30. 

I won't post 2.2 of the new rules as that has been done many times.

BTW fact that someone might return and spend night or whatever in random hotel is irrelevant. 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You are referring to Sakhon Nakhon. 

And have posted that in various threads.

That immigration office is wrong and no doubt there are others also NOT following new rules as of June 2020. 

If you exit Thailand and return with a reentry permit or eg multi entry visa to your place of residence you and/or property owner do NOT need to file a TM30. 

I won't post 2.2 of the new rules as that has been done many times.

BTW fact that someone might return and spend night or whatever in random hotel is irrelevant. 

I was merely stating what transpired through my experience, which included the random hotel stay.

Rules are written and of course you would think that Sakon Nakhon would comply, regardless of right or wrong, could you see me trying to convince them that they are wrong, "loss of face" not worth my time, nor my wife's as we wouldn't want to be putting their noses out of joint because as we all know Thai's are super sensitive, don't believe me, just honk your horn next time your driving.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...