Online 90 day report reject, emails says to contact IO immediately?!

It has been around 90 days since I entered Thailand the last time and I tried to do the 90 day report online, which I have done successfully in the past. Two days later I got a rejection email stating:

Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately.

I have also extended my marriage visa recently for another year at Chaeng Watthana. Does that visa extension count as a 90 day report? Could that be the reason why my online report got rejected? When I did the visa extension they didn't give me any receipt stating that the 90 day report has been done.

What should I make of the "Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately." part? Is that just a standard thing they put in rejection emails? I would cost me half a day to go Chaeng Watthana and I'd rather avoid that if it's not necessary.

Cheers 

Just now, Katsura said:

Yes, this one: https://tm47.immigration.go.th 

That's the one.

Try submitting report again.

Obviously you would have changed your entry date for your most recent entry.

Did you use autofill? 

That can be done just after entering passport # and first couple of fields....then hit the magnifying glass symbol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's the one.

Try submitting report again.

Obviously you would have changed your entry date for your most recent entry.

Did you use autofill? 

That can be done just after entering passport # and first couple of fields....then hit the magnifying glass symbol.

Yes I have used the autofill function and I have also adjusted both the date for the last entry and my new visa expiration date. The address and other details are all the same as I have used in a previous report which was accepted.

I'll try to submit the application again anyway to see what happens 

2 minutes ago, Katsura said:

Yes I have used the autofill function and I have also adjusted both the date for the last entry and my new visa expiration date. The address and other details are all the same as I have used in a previous report which was accepted.

I'll try to submit the application again anyway to see what happens 

Thinking you are very aware of the process. 

Yep do another and hopefully will work. 

Understand fully what you mean about CW travel etc. 

• Like 1

It is my understanding that the first 90 day report after re-entering needs to be done physically at the IO.  Second and subsequent reports can be done online.

Been this way since the online system was launched.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

It is my understanding that the first 90 day report after re-entering needs to be done physically at the IO.  Second and subsequent reports can be done online.

Been this way since the online system was launched.

I did my 90 day report last month online after entering in September without any problem. The OP says it's about 90 days. I think you need to submit at least 7 days before the 90 day limit if doing it online.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

It is my understanding that the first 90 day report after re-entering needs to be done physically at the IO.

No. Definitely not true at CW. 

Source: personal experience from a 90 days of 20 days ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rhodie said:

I think you need to submit at least 7 days before the 90 day limit if doing it online.

No. Not true. Although their website states this, in fact they'll accept reports up to the very last day.

Source: done it for CW.

• Like 1

Update from my side: The second attempt got rejected again

The question now is, should I ignore the "Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately."  instruction and then potentially pay a fine next time I go to CW for a visa extension? 

38 minutes ago, Katsura said:

The question now is, should I ignore the "Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately."  instruction and then potentially pay a fine next time I go to CW for a visa extension? 

No. Just go do it. What possible benefit could there be in the future to having been fined over something so trivial? You have at least 7 days grace after your report date...

10 minutes ago, mikebike said:

No. Just go do it. What possible benefit could there be in the future to having been fined over something so trivial? You have at least 7 days grace after your report date...

Unfortunately I'm already past the 7 day period, that's why I'm not sure if should even bother with the trip to CW

1 hour ago, Katsura said:

Depends when your 'next time' is, no? If you recently extended your 'marriage visa' than you won't plan on going to CW for a 'visa extension' until next year? I am sure the fine for late/not filing the 90-day is capped but despite the half-a-day inconvenience, I would go and take care of it. It could be an error but what happens if they reject your NEXT 90-day as well?

• Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, Katsura said:

Unfortunately I'm already past the 7 day period, that's why I'm not sure if should even bother with the trip to CW

Understood. I would still go and explain everything. I think IO will be happier with that rather than ignoring the issue. They have long memories, and can make your life much more difficult than need be.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I am sure the fine for late/not filing the 90-day is capped

2000 Baht (4000 Baht if immigration pick you up).

27 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It could be an error but what happens if they reject your NEXT 90-day as well?

Still would be 2000 Baht.

As I understand it, OP can always just pop out to Singapore (or wherever) for a weekend and rest the clock on return.

30 minutes ago, Salerno said:

2000 Baht (4000 Baht if immigration pick you up).

Still would be 2000 Baht.

As I understand it, OP can always just pop out to Singapore (or wherever) for a weekend and rest the clock on return.

Ran out of time to edit ^

Interesting, the above is what I've been reading on here for years, but just had a look. The 90 days reporting requirement comes from Section 37 (5) of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522.

The Section 76 of the Act (dealing with fines) states:

Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

https://www.samuiforsale.com/law-texts/immigration-act.html ????‍♂️  

On 2/4/2023 at 3:45 PM, Salerno said:

Ran out of time to edit ^

Interesting, the above is what I've been reading on here for years, but just had a look. The 90 days reporting requirement comes from Section 37 (5) of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522.

The Section 76 of the Act (dealing with fines) states:

Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

https://www.samuiforsale.com/law-texts/immigration-act.html ????‍♂️  

Yes that rings a bell. Thanks for doing the follow up. Has the 200 baht/day got a cap on it? That could be quite spendy if someone decided it was just too much of a hassle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes that rings a bell. Thanks for doing the follow up. Has the 200 baht/day got a cap on it? That could be quite spendy if someone decided it was just too much of a hassle.

Sorry, not specified in the Act and I can't remember ever seeing any reports of anything other than a 2000 Baht fine. Have even seen a couple of people saying they don't bother and just pay the 2K when they do the annual renewal (not too sure I believe them to be honest - given the online and mail options not sure why they'd bother leaving themselves open to potential immigration problems regardless of how unlikely they may be).