Ruskies and Manners.

Tish 2

10 hours ago, GypsyT said:

" I am a healthy 6 foot 110kg man and when this happens I don't budge. I love it when people walk into me. It is like hitting a wall especially when I have momentum."

Maybe body wise but the mindset?

If you do that in the States you'll come out like Swiss cheese. Rather sooner than later.

And the sheriff, after hearing witnesses, will ask shooter;

"How many did you plant on him?:

"Only seven"

"That's all? Oh, well. Let me put down '15' so you get more compensation"

but we are not talking about that unfortunate country, are we? Never been, never want to.

15 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

. I would do the same thing even if I were 3 foot 6.

No you wouldn't... life would be very different.... you would have to ask for people's help to  get up to your 12th floor condo!

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

I especially love those who walk side by side (and this is in every country and culture) who won't queue when encountering people coming in the opposite direction. I am a healthy 6 foot 110kg man and when this happens I don't budge. I love it when people walk into me. It is like hitting a wall especially when I have momentum. Thing is... they can't get angry cos I did nothing wrong. This post reminds me of the video 'Bitter sweet Symphony" by the verve.

I enjoyed blocking the folk trying to get on the skytrain before the ones wanting to get off were able to do so. They didn't like that, no not at all.

Thing is... they can't get angry cos I did nothing wrong.

LOL, LOL, LOL. Ever had someone looking at their phone instead of where they were going walk into you standing still? IMO looking at their phone makes them angry people, and they don't like it when other people don't make way for them, no siree, they don't like it at all.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, NanLaew said:

With a BMI = 32.9 kg/m2 (Obese Class I), you're far from healthy.

LOL. I was shorter and heavier, but not unhealthy. I have no buoyancy in a pool. I can sit on the bottom without needing weights. When scuba diving I never needed weights, and had to inflate my vest to prevent me sinking.

Trying to diagnose health from such minimal data is bound to be wrong.

On 1/30/2023 at 5:05 PM, BigStar said:

I've encountered bad manners among other prominent nationalities, but that would be off-topic.

I’ve encountered bad manners from Americans too. Randomly asking for the time on the street with no thanks etc. Must be a cultural thing. Not a patch on the Russians though, and they don’t need defending. That you got a smile off a random bit of skirt for oddly settling her bill does not make up a million other antisocial acts. They do not fit in with the rest of the world, expecting everyone else to bend to their ways, much like the typical Chinese. Planet earth would be better off sans either. 

On 1/29/2023 at 1:55 PM, BritManToo said:

Travelling from CM airport to China (I was the only non-Chinese on the flight), the Air hostess said "rows 1-10 please" and they all charged the gate, I stood aside, the 4 air hostess at the gate just ran away and let them fight it out. It was actually very funny if you weren't standing in front of them.

They were after the best luggage space. Reckon by the time you got in there, the space had disappeared.

There are a lot of Chinese; they know the score.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I was shorter and heavier, but not unhealthy. I have no buoyancy in a pool. I can sit on the bottom without needing weights. When scuba diving I never needed weights, and had to inflate my vest to prevent me sinking.

Trying to diagnose health from such minimal data is bound to be wrong.

You must be heavy-boned.

You'll never make a top class swimmer. But pistol shooting could be your thing.

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

That you got a smile off a random bit of skirt for oddly settling her bill does not make up a million other antisocial acts.

I encounter them frequently in Pattaya. While I find them insular, I don't find them particularly "antisocial," so your "million" just sounds like the usual bigotry. Note how you've dehumanized a perfectly nice Russian mother.

Speaking Russian might help, as I've found speaking Thai makes a big difference with Thais. However, you then might simply wish to argue, whinge, and schoolmarm in Russian. Nor do they owe you any compensation for imagined slights. Perhaps you're just oversensitive and require undue respect.

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Planet earth would be better off sans either. 

Brits first.????

Edited by BigStar
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, BigStar said:

I encounter them frequently in Pattaya. While I find them insular, I don't find them particularly "antisocial," so your "million" just sounds like the usual bigotry. Note how you've dehumanized a perfectly nice Russian mother.

Speaking Russian might help, as I've found speaking Thai makes a big difference with Thais. However, you then might simply wish to argue, whinge, and schoolmarm in Russian. Nor do they owe you any compensation for imagined slights. Perhaps you're just oversensitive and require undue respect.

Brits first.????

Just as in 1939.

On 1/29/2023 at 1:13 PM, Hummin said:

Ever been queuing together with Chinese?

Ever been "queuing" together with Indians at Saudia check-in desk in Jeddah? Or Ethiopians at the boarding gate at the old Addis Ababa airport?