90 day report after exempt to non-O visa

Does the 90 days reporting requirement start from when I entered the country on a 30 day non-exempt OR when I converted to a 90 day non-O visa? During the non-O conversation they kept my original rental contract and required an additional three copies, signed on every page, and sent an IO to my address the next day to fill in another different form to confirm my address and take several photos at my residence.

I have dual nationality and I have reported using a different nationality with an agent, but this will be the first time I will have reported using this nationality. Will I need to go in person for the first 90 day report?

I ask as ever since they started fingerprint scanning, the computer system appears to have an issue with me, at both entry and exit points, and often a supervisor is required to come and help the IO as I have to scan my fingers and take my photo half a dozen, or more, times before they finally get it to complete.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. Appreciated.

I had vaguely heard before that some type of visits to immigartion supersede the 90 day report, but was never sure what they were, as this is the first time I have done the DIY route, so it is still all new to me.