Trouble for 1500 thai bath?

Tayida

How long have you known this friend?  And how long have you owed this money? 
Because a friend is not just going to go the police if you are trying to figure out how to pay them.  Since supposedly you do have the money . Threatening to get police involved is a serious issue. 
Things like this usually happen if a person borrows money from someone.  And they don’t repay it for a long amount of time.  For the most part a large amount of money. And keep making excuses why they can’t pay it back.  Or they go to the police if they feel they were a victim of some sort of scam. 
Try Western Union.  

Tell your ' friend ' to come up with a suitable suggestion that is convenient for you both.

Threatening you with police, which won't do any good, over 1500 baht?

You need to re evaluate your friendship!

20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ah...hello...

1.  They ask what the contents are.

2.  Then they'd ask why it is so heavy and rattling around like a tin of coins.

Wrap the coins in bubble wrap, and tell them that inside are Numismatics. I did that when sending some old Thai coins to NZ.

10 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

Your fault, should of paid him back before you left and your the one whining 

Absolutely and the OP wonders why his 'Friend' is pished of with him, no doubt his friend thinks, I thought he was a friend and would pay me back the fracing barsteward! 

21 hours ago, Tayida said:

No. Just money i asked him few days ago as i was without my ATM card. I moved to the North without repay him and we reached this point.

So you were down near the Malaysian border without your ATM card ? If not You should have paid him back the next day or before you left, some friend you turned out to be. 

3 hours ago, swm59nj said:

How long have you known this friend?  And how long have you owed this money? 
Because a friend is not just going to go the police if you are trying to figure out how to pay them.  Since supposedly you do have the money . Threatening to get police involved is a serious issue. 
Things like this usually happen if a person borrows money from someone.  And they don’t repay it for a long amount of time.  For the most part a large amount of money. And keep making excuses why they can’t pay it back.  Or they go to the police if they feel they were a victim of some sort of scam. 
Try Western Union.  

As I wrote yesterday I went to the post office and use the post EMS service. Cheaper than Wester Union. I own money to him no longer than 10 days. My mistake was to move to the North without repay him back. He just wanted wise as he has not a Thai account. I told him to ask the manager of the hotel where he stay for his bank account or to any shop that send or receive money. But he refused to do and he wants only wise. As I cannot use wise between a Thai and foreign account, I sign up to deemoney as someone suggested, but they said it will take around 48 hours to activate the profile. And he insisted that he wants go and report me. At the end, as wrote, EMS was the solution. The envelope should reach him tomorrow, sent yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Tell your ' friend ' to come up with a suitable suggestion that is convenient for you both.

Threatening you with police, which won't do any good, over 1500 baht?

You need to re evaluate your friendship!

He has the right to ask his money back, was wrong the way he spoke to me. But you are right about re-evalute some friendship.

1 hour ago, Foghorn said:

Your fault, should of paid him back before you left and your the one whining 

I already wrote more than once that was my mistake to left without repay him. Totally agree with your comment.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Absolutely and the OP wonders why his 'Friend' is pished of with him, no doubt his friend thinks, I thought he was a friend and would pay me back the fracing barsteward! 

My OP was about asking a solution to send the money. I never wrote that was not my fault. And I wrote it more than once.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

So you were down near the Malaysian border without your ATM card ? If not You should have paid him back the next day or before you left, some friend you turned out to be. 

We were not there at that time and the ATM was not with me. And he was the first to leave where we were telling me he will come back in few days. But I left before he come back. But I should repay anyway the day after using, as I do yesterday, the postal EMS. No doubt about that. My fault.

I can't see why you come just transfer money through wise. It's available in every country including Thailand. However another alternative we would be to use your telephone app and he receives the money cardless at an ATM machine? All you have to do is give me your phone number and the code that is valid for 5 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Andyfez said:

I can't see why you come just transfer money through wise. It's available in every country including Thailand. However another alternative we would be to use your telephone app and he receives the money cardless at an ATM machine? All you have to do is give me your phone number and the code that is valid for 5 minutes.

1) On wise FAQ, it says that you can transfer Thai BAHT only within Thai accounts.

2) As I had problem in the past, I never use again any app. related to banks or money transfer.

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Hello...they would, it's a question on the form that the sender has to complete.  You don't think that courier companies will just accept anything, do you?

Courier companies will accept anything. The item description is at the senders discretion, especially domestically.

Not sure why you feel the need to be so strident about this

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I am eternally surprised by the inablity of many forum members to solve the most simple issues.

I am even more nonplussed by the moronic suggestions, objections and road blocks forum members can present when a solution is common sense.

27 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Hello...they would, it's a question on the form that the sender has to complete.  You don't think that courier companies will just accept anything, do you?

Courier companies will accept anything.

No, they will not.  They will not accept cash, for instance.

6 hours ago, JayClay said:

"why is it so heavy and rattling around like a tin of coins?" is a question on the form to complete...?

No, it's not and I did not say that it was.  There is a declaration regarding the contents that the sender has to complete and cash is something that they will not accept as contents.