Can an agent cancel a Visa over the phone.

I went with a Visa agent (stupidly) who sent my passport to Nakhon Ratchasima instead of Phuket and was going to do all of my 90 day reporting. When it came to do my husbands, she couldn't do it. She kept hold of my passport. I have a visa until 21 December 2023 and next 90 day report due 28th Feb. I wanted my passport back but she said I had to pay her in full. Which I offered to do and went to meet her with the cash. When I said I was going to see a lawyer to see if I can do my 90 Day in Phuket she flipped out, told me not to pay her AND SHE WAS GOING TO CANCEL MY ENTIRE VISA over the phone. Is this possible. Totally freaking out! please help x

Sry should have been more specific. He had the same Visa - then only realized there was a problem 2 days before the 90day reporting was due. Says Visa Class Non-ED... she didn't send me that page when doing it. just the page that said Extension of stay 21 Dec 2023

Edited by English Girl in Phuket
more info

3 minutes ago, English Girl in Phuket said:

planning to do a land crossing ASAP with an established language school ASAP and get an ED visa in Phuket... which is what I asked for in the first place!

You got a Non-ED extension from Nakhon Ratchasima immigration, but you don't study there and actually live in Phuket? Tread VERY carefully.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, English Girl in Phuket said:

She gave me my passport back but didn't take the "second installment" as was supposed to do the 90day reporting. She then started screaming when I said I wanted to check with a lawyer if I could do my 90 day in phuket and said "keep the money, I cancel your visa now". 

Then stormed off

Poor communication on both sides.

Why jump in with the lawyer comment.

Which school did you plan on attending. 

Even ED visas arranged within Thailand are generally done through agent dealing with a school.

• Like 1

Please be aware there is a big difference between 90 day reporting, and getting an extension to an existing permission to stay, which is what I presume is going on here.

A report is required every 90 days, regardless of how long your extension is valid for. Failing to do so can be an issue (for example if you are involved with the police for any reason), but if you get away with it then there's no issues when it comes to leaving the country.

A non-ED extension of stay is also granted every 90 days (and the "90 day report" is usually done at the same time). If you fail to get an extension you could face fines at the airport when you leave.

Let her do the 90 day report wherever it pleases her and stop complaining. It doesn't seem that you have been learning any Thai in the first 3 months and your visa is actually bogus. Just enjoy the fact that you can play the system. 

And do start with the : "I really wanted to learn Thai" stuff.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JayClay said:

Also if you've blown your chances with the current agent I think you'll find it very difficult to get another extension. You may be looking at a border bounce to sort yourself out.

Plenty of agents around>  ????
if ur in possession of ur Passport she CAN NOT cancel the extension, BUT immigration can so 
DONT burn any bridges

PS: you were really really Stupid to mention a lawyer   

Edited by zzzzz
  • Thanks 2

It is worth noting that Phuket immigration is unlikely to believe you are attending classes daily in Korat while living in Phuket.

Unless you can patch things up with the existing agent, to avoid trouble, I do think it prudent to leave the country and return visa exempt without delay. You will probably need to do this by air. Under questioning, just tell immigration that the course did not work out, and you are leaving with the plan of moving to Phuket. Try to find out which course at which university you were "studying" at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CH1961 said:

Of course the agent can cancel the extension by phone. 

Just tell the IO officer you did not pay and you will be deported as soon as they can catch you ????

Only an immigration officer can cancel a visa extension. He would need the passport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, English Girl in Phuket said:

She gave me my passport back but didn't take the "second installment" as was supposed to do the 90day reporting. She then started screaming when I said I wanted to check with a lawyer if I could do my 90 day in phuket and said "keep the money, I cancel your visa now". 

Then stormed off

If you have the passport in your hand there's nothing she can do.

Do your 90 day report online.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

the present arrangement is probably not 'above board' and mentioning that you are going to have a lawyer looked at it could draw unwanted attention to their scheme, especially if you have immigration officer not in their control examine your passport

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you have the passport in your hand there's nothing she can do.

Do your 90 day report online.

Her buddy at immigration can just cancel OP's extension, because he discovered that OP isn't attending the classes as required.

This is then entered into their visa system, and once OP tries to leave the country she will be stopped because she is on overstay.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Her buddy at immigration can just cancel OP's extension, because he discovered that OP isn't attending the classes as required.

This is then entered into their visa system, and once OP tries to leave the country she will be stopped because she is on overstay.

They need the passport to cancel the VISA.

END of.

3 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Plenty of agents around>  ????

That may be the case. But she's on a dodgy ED visa from a province she's not staying in. I don't think there's any way for another agent to come in and take over that ED visa unless she leaves the country first.

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong there.